Forum rules
NOTICE! These forums are intended for CIVIL discussion around waterfowl hunting. If you've got an axe to grind or rant to make, do it in the MNFOWL's Misguided Children forum.
abhelg
I'll Swat Your Decoys

Re: Open water hunting on lake Pepin?

Sun Nov 15, 2015 4:22 pm

What are you using for a layout boat?

ducksmuggler
Mergie Marauder

Sun Nov 15, 2015 10:06 pm

MLB classic or an MLB big brother..
You can bad mouth a mans gun, his shooting, and his women but bad mouth his dog them's fighting words.

lanyard
Mergie Marauder

Mon Nov 16, 2015 7:37 am

I think MLB sold their operations and plans to these guys: http://www.waterfowl-works.com

ducksmuggler
Mergie Marauder

Mon Nov 16, 2015 7:54 pm

my boats were made by Mark Rongers the starter of MLB... he sold out to another group around 6 years ago who about put them under then Tony Homer bought them...
You can bad mouth a mans gun, his shooting, and his women but bad mouth his dog them's fighting words.

ducksmuggler
Mergie Marauder

Mon Nov 16, 2015 7:58 pm

Tony Homer is to diver hunting... what Threinen is to goose hunting roch.

Goldfish
Mergie Marauder

Tue Nov 17, 2015 2:43 pm

Smuggler you going out this weekend? Trying to decide between mille lacs or pepin but I'm having a hard time finding a 2nd guy to swap the tender and layout with

lanyard
Mergie Marauder

Tue Nov 17, 2015 9:17 pm

Tony's new blocks are pretty sweet. @$7.00 per blank I'm hoping he's retired the "Herter's are collectible" non-sense. Paint yourself, their in an Autumn Wings head, and you have a pretty solid dozen for $200.

There are collectible Herter's, but because you own a dented and shot up hunk of foam does not impart value.

ducksmuggler
Mergie Marauder

Sat Nov 21, 2015 11:13 am

lanyard wrote:Tony's new blocks are pretty sweet. @$7.00 per blank I'm hoping he's retired the "Herter's are collectible" non-sense. Paint yourself, their in an Autumn Wings head, and you have a pretty solid dozen for $200.

There are collectible Herter's, but because you own a dented and shot up hunk of foam does not impart value.

NO $h** I have a pile of herter's I bought while herter's was still a good company be for the crapelas takeover.... then I bought decoy molds and have been making my own but shipping of EPS beads has gotten insane!!!!! $36 for beads and $75 for shipping .... Tony has been able to make it work and his unpainted heads are the only after market heads with a warranty unlike autumn wings( have broke a few) ....... Restle coat them aka poor mans flocking and you paint to your liking and them are some nice diver decoys

Bill Gilbertson
Mergie Marauder

Sat Nov 21, 2015 12:06 pm

Can you guys that have done this comment on the safety risks of this type of hunting? I am interested in trying it, but I don't have a death wish. It would seem that there are risks getting in and out of the layout as well as being in the layout itself. How much wind can handled without incurring significant risk?

lanyard
Mergie Marauder

Sat Nov 21, 2015 1:04 pm

ducksmuggler wrote:
lanyard wrote:Tony's new blocks are pretty sweet. @$7.00 per blank I'm hoping he's retired the "Herter's are collectible" non-sense. Paint yourself, their in an Autumn Wings head, and you have a pretty solid dozen for $200.

NO $h** I have a pile of herter's I bought while herter's was still a good company be for the crapelas takeover.... then I bought decoy molds and have been making my own but shipping of EPS beads has gotten insane!!!!! $36 for beads and $75 for shipping .... Tony has been able to make it work and his unpainted heads are the only after market heads with a warranty unlike autumn wings( have broke a few) ....... Restle coat them aka poor mans flocking and you paint to your liking and them are some nice diver decoys

I'll have to check out his heads. The Herter's heads I have are on their last leg. My lead block with the anchor on it fell out of the bag and hit the garage floor.... there goes another one!

Return to “Waterfowl Hunting”