Forum rules
NOTICE! These forums are intended for CIVIL discussion around waterfowl hunting. If you've got an axe to grind or rant to make, do it in the MNFOWL's Misguided Children forum.
Trigger
Mergie Marauder

Re: Open water hunting on lake Pepin?

Thu Nov 26, 2015 8:49 pm

Layout hunting without a tender or an anchor? People do that?
"When we have as many hot button issues going on as we do at any given time, we must use a science based approach to management. It is not always the most popular, but is the only way way we can defend ourselves." Tom Landwehr, September 2013

cstemig
Mergie Marauder

Fri Nov 27, 2015 9:07 am

Trigger wrote:Layout hunting without a tender or an anchor? People do that?

Sure they do. It's called "Darwin's Natural Selection Process."
" God is great, beer is good, and people are just frickin crazy!."

Trigger
Mergie Marauder

Fri Nov 27, 2015 4:27 pm

So they just lay there and let the wind take them where it wants? Are the decoys attached to the boat? What kind of layout are they using that's paddle friendly?
"When we have as many hot button issues going on as we do at any given time, we must use a science based approach to management. It is not always the most popular, but is the only way way we can defend ourselves." Tom Landwehr, September 2013

Bailey
Mergie Marauder

Sat Nov 28, 2015 12:07 pm

I will be giving the river one last try and Tuesday. I wont be open water hunting but I will report how I do.

I really do not expect much but you never know.

bigcoop71
I came here for the barrel sticker

Sat Nov 28, 2015 6:47 pm

Actually the requirements are each one independent. I called the DNR on this, if you are on Pepin and anchored the guy I spoke with said as long as you are anchored.

The reason these are not cumulative is because #1 would include #2 two if it were cumulative.

This is as interpreted to the guy I spoke to when calling the 800 phone number in the regs book.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Waterfowlist
Mergie Marauder

Sat Nov 28, 2015 7:20 pm

Open water hunting on Pepin is legal when anchored. Harold doesn't know what he's talking about.

websdown
I'll Swat Your Decoys

Sun Nov 29, 2015 6:42 pm

Was down on Pepin the last 3 days 1 Goldeneye Fri and 1 Goldeneye today ya you always have a few flybys when looking the wrong way but there hasn't been many of those.. Saw some good rafts of birds Saturday on North end of Lake but they stayed in the middle no shoreline action. There was nothing much today in the same area as yesturday. I'm sure they are still around but we didn't look south of Frontenac.

ducksmuggler
Mergie Marauder

Sun Nov 29, 2015 9:05 pm

All I will say is to many A%% clowns on every point, along with being 3 in the state park and in 2 in a city park all no hunting areas to make wanting to hunt the lake for 2 birds worth it..... did watch some clown try to hunt out in the open out of a small Jon boat this evening all I will say is I watched them because I thought I would be the first 911 caller for them .........
You can bad mouth a mans gun, his shooting, and his women but bad mouth his dog them's fighting words.

Harold Houck
Mergie Marauder

Mon Nov 30, 2015 9:50 am

ducksmuggler wrote:All I will say is to many A%% clowns on every point, along with being 3 in the state park and in 2 in a city park all no hunting areas to make wanting to hunt the lake for 2 birds worth it..... did watch some clown try to hunt out in the open out of a small Jon boat this evening all I will say is I watched them because I thought I would be the first 911 caller for them .........

Exactly my point
Harold Houck
Midwest Outboard
midwestoutboard@gmail.com
http://www.midwestoutboard.com
651-276-6988

Bailey
Mergie Marauder

Mon Nov 30, 2015 11:50 am

ducksmuggler wrote:All I will say is to many A%% clowns on every point, along with being 3 in the state park and in 2 in a city park all no hunting areas to make wanting to hunt the lake for 2 birds worth it..... did watch some clown try to hunt out in the open out of a small Jon boat this evening all I will say is I watched them because I thought I would be the first 911 caller for them .........

Wow it sound like a real clown show.

Return to “Waterfowl Hunting”