Forum rules
NOTICE! These forums are intended for CIVIL discussion around waterfowl hunting. If you've got an axe to grind or rant to make, do it in the MNFOWL's Misguided Children forum.
Trigger
Mergie Marauder

Re: Open water hunting on lake Pepin?

Mon Nov 30, 2015 2:36 pm

Harold Houck wrote:
ducksmuggler wrote:All I will say is to many A%% clowns on every point, along with being 3 in the state park and in 2 in a city park all no hunting areas to make wanting to hunt the lake for 2 birds worth it..... did watch some clown try to hunt out in the open out of a small Jon boat this evening all I will say is I watched them because I thought I would be the first 911 caller for them .........

Exactly my point

Idiots will be idiots. That doesn't make the things idiots do inherently unsafe.
"When we have as many hot button issues going on as we do at any given time, we must use a science based approach to management. It is not always the most popular, but is the only way way we can defend ourselves." Tom Landwehr, September 2013

websdown
I'll Swat Your Decoys

Mon Nov 30, 2015 9:48 pm

We hunt the Wisconsin side everyone on that side knows where everyone sits and gives all a lot of room. From what I see further down that's not the case. Any way for the last 10 or so years we have been there. The only shooting we hear the most from the Minnesota side may be from the big point in Frontenac. may be on land or sitting on water. Did'nt hear much this year because of the extra 4-5 feet of water not much room the stand along shore or sandbar point.

ducksmuggler
Mergie Marauder

Tue Dec 01, 2015 6:28 pm

websdown wrote:We hunt the Wisconsin side everyone on that side knows where everyone sits and gives all a lot of room. From what I see further down that's not the case. Any way for the last 10 or so years we have been there. The only shooting we hear the most from the Minnesota side may be from the big point in Frontenac. may be on land or sitting on water. Did'nt hear much this year because of the extra 4-5 feet of water not much room the stand along shore or sandbar point.

that's not Big point its willow point AND LONG POINT both part of Frontenac state park and a private piece that is hunted by the owner.
You can bad mouth a mans gun, his shooting, and his women but bad mouth his dog them's fighting words.

websdown
I'll Swat Your Decoys

Tue Dec 01, 2015 10:45 pm

Did'nt know it was called Willow. I just called it that because it is the biggest or longest point it seems in that general area. I have thought of hunting in that area out of boat or standing in water. I may be wrong but i think as long as you are standing in the water or boat not touching shore you are ok even if state park is 1 foot behind you. I know in Anoka county park areas your fine as long as standing in water and not touching dry shore. Centerville - Peltier for example. I would call Frontenac State park before i would do it. Or better yet call a DNR rep becuse i have gotten conflicting answers from county reps before. They think anything that may fly ,walk into they're parks are there property. We'll be trying one more time this weekend then Wisconsin River zone is done.

Return to “Waterfowl Hunting”