Forum rules
NOTICE! These forums are intended for CIVIL discussion around waterfowl hunting. If you've got an axe to grind or rant to make, do it in the MNFOWL's Misguided Children forum.
h2ofwlr
The One And Only

Re: Low Level wetlands

Sun Nov 22, 2015 2:18 pm

They do have to walk in, they drag in their canoes. Ask Bill Gilbertson for areas to explore as he hunts smaller waters and the MN river bottoms once in a while.

Not a bad idea though to walk the river bottoms, maybe jump shoot something as you are exploring/scouting for future hunts.
God, help me be the man that my dog thinks that I am.

Trigger
Mergie Marauder

Mon Nov 23, 2015 1:15 pm

h2ofwlr wrote:They do have to walk in, they drag in their canoes. Ask Bill Gilbertson for areas to explore as he hunts smaller waters and the MN river bottoms once in a while.

Not a bad idea though to walk the river bottoms, maybe jump shoot something as you are exploring/scouting for future hunts.

Some misinformation here. There are plenty of places to walk in down there without needing a boat. Im not even sure where the long dragging of canoes that you're talking about happens down there. If you have low expectations, it can be good.
"When we have as many hot button issues going on as we do at any given time, we must use a science based approach to management. It is not always the most popular, but is the only way way we can defend ourselves." Tom Landwehr, September 2013

Bill Gilbertson
Mergie Marauder

Tue Nov 24, 2015 9:49 pm

They do have to walk in, they drag in their canoes. Ask Bill Gilbertson for areas to explore as he hunts smaller waters and the MN river bottoms once in a while.

Some misinformation here. There are plenty of places to walk in down there without needing a boat. Im not even sure where the long dragging of canoes that you're talking about happens down there. If you have low expectations, it can be good.

Al, you should know from your GPS tracker that I haven't been down there in a few years, since I tore my Achilles. With the warm weather and the shallows melting, I might have to check it out next week as a true test of my recovery. Agree about the low expectations.

h2ofwlr
The One And Only

Tue Nov 24, 2015 11:03 pm

You must think that I work with the NSA...
God, help me be the man that my dog thinks that I am.

Return to “Waterfowl Hunting”