Forum rules
NOTICE! These forums are intended for CIVIL discussion around waterfowl hunting. If you've got an axe to grind or rant to make, do it in the MNFOWL's Misguided Children forum.
h2ofwlr
The One And Only

Re: Field Hudnall's improbable Eider band

Thu Dec 24, 2015 12:49 am

Well then if that's the case, then this joint should be shut down as it seems no matter what the topic is, it ends up being a circle jerk bitch fest.
God, help me be the man that my dog thinks that I am.

lanyard
Mergie Marauder

Thu Dec 24, 2015 7:38 am

h2ofwlr wrote:Well then if that's the case, then this joint should be shut down as it seems no matter what the topic is, it ends up being a circle jerk bitch fest.

Most concise thing you've written. Wish you hadn't used the profanity outside of the Misguided Children, but my response requires it to address your commentary:

Figure the first round of responses to a post cover core issues and debate. After that, it's entertainment..... kind of like how a circle jerk has nothing to do with making a baby...... that's what the bitch fest is for :-)

But I digress.

The Bud Grant crash/ "no ducks" article is another fine example. The story should have been the adventure, but instead it was used as the vessel to deliver "Bud Grant agrees me with me..... no ducks."

Didn't think DA needed another article on that, and he killed what could have been a cool hunting story with it.

h2ofwlr
The One And Only

Thu Dec 24, 2015 1:26 pm

I nominate you as the "bitch" leader in chief.

Happy Festivus to all the bitchers.

lanyard
Mergie Marauder

Thu Dec 24, 2015 1:49 pm

.... for Feats of Strength I did a 75 minute Strike! class: kick boxing with weighted fighting sticks.

Next up: Airing of the Grievances!!!!

Merry Christmas, Al.

Have a great one everyone!

Peace out.

get-n-birdy
Mergie Marauder

Thu Dec 24, 2015 9:06 pm

lanyard wrote:^^^^ I think that's a bit of the point re: nursing at the teet and tuggy-buggy...... It's all been done before. Like an "improbable" band being newsworthy.

Media generally has gotten stale, and the faces that make a living from it aren't what they used to be. From the Edward R. Morrow's and Walter Cronkites turning into Brian Williams and Katie Couric, to the "glory" days of outdoor hosts like Curt Gowdy and Grits Gresham degenerating into the Banded dude and 400 neophytes with a camera and stickers on their trailer.

The general reaction anymore to anything is, "Meh."

Not intending to rip on the Hudnall fella, but Zepplin's gone and the hole has been filled by Imagine Dragon's, if that makes sense.

X2!

Been listening to a lot of Rush lately and did some youtubing on them. Saw them interviewed and even they think they couldn't make it now. The Kennedy center honors for LZ was pretty awesome when heart did stairway to heaven. Gretchen Wilson, whom I always thought was just a skanky county girl does a great version of barracuda with Alice in chains. The music and entertainment industry, hunting shows included, are in a major slide. If groups can't do a good show live or have a truly interesting story line on tv or in a movie, they're toast. I barely watch any hunting or fishing shows anymore. Maybe look up a youtube video if I'm struggling with a new tactic I've never done before. Most writers now are about numbers and pitching chitty chitty products I have little use for other than plastic to add to the landfill pile.

The best part of most hunting or fishing shows now is their bloopers or major failures. People are board with the pretty people, their homoerotic piles of all male ducks or their fascination with holding a male deer's big hard antlers. There's nothing much interesting about professional hunter's or fishermen that have perfected their occupation. Yep it's cool they are successful at doing what they love, but it's become nothing more than any other professional who's good at their source of income. Yeah, it's informative, but it turns into more of a how to video on doing the honey do list at home. It's why the duckmen are so popular. They do dumb and stupid, all be it scripted shows.
DENNIS ANDERSON, Then, about five years ago, in 2020, there were no more ducks in the state,

Stute Slap
Mergie Marauder

Tue Dec 29, 2015 2:37 pm

h2ofwlr wrote:I nominate you as the "bitch" leader in chief.

Happy Festivus to all the bitchers.

You do realize you are bitching about people bitching......right?

Points for recognizing Festivus.

Although part of Fesitvus was the airing of the grievances......

h2ofwlr
The One And Only

Wed Dec 30, 2015 10:28 am

irony... one of the main themes around here, so did you really expect differently?

Return to “Waterfowl Hunting”