Forum rules
NOTICE! These forums are intended for CIVIL discussion around waterfowl hunting. If you've got an axe to grind or rant to make, do it in the MNFOWL's Misguided Children forum.
Stute Slap
Mergie Marauder

Snow spread south of Madelia???????

Thu Mar 10, 2016 10:25 am

Is anyone hunting south of Madelia the past couple of days?

Just wondering if you've been having any luck?

I did some pass shooting there a couple years ago.

maplelakeduckslayer
Mergie Marauder

Re: Snow spread south of Madelia???????

Thu Mar 10, 2016 12:46 pm

There really that many that pass through that far east, enough to set a spread? Maybe I don't open my eyes enough but I have only ever seen them west of 59 basically

Stute Slap
Mergie Marauder

Thu Mar 10, 2016 1:05 pm

There are flocks coming thru that far east all the time just not nearly as much as further west. Enough birds to throw out a spread "running traffic" (I hate that saying) no way. In the right situation setting out decoys would work. If you are out to hunt snows keep driving west obviously. If you see an opportunity on the way to work, take it.

Mainly why I am curious to see how they are doing. Quite a big spread and been out there last three mornings. I am impressed with their ambition as the pay off would be small as there aren't many birds they are trying to hunt.

greatwhitehunter3!
Mergie Marauder

Thu Mar 10, 2016 9:05 pm

I've seen enough pass through highway 71 corridor I'm contemplating getting a small full body or shell spread I can leave out all spring.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Stute Slap
Mergie Marauder

Fri Mar 11, 2016 9:57 am

They were out there this morning as well, five days in a row. Must be scratching out a few or just bored.

Trigger
Mergie Marauder

Sat Mar 12, 2016 8:48 am

Or just teenagers that think being super duper patient is a key to success.
"When we have as many hot button issues going on as we do at any given time, we must use a science based approach to management. It is not always the most popular, but is the only way way we can defend ourselves." Tom Landwehr, September 2013

Big Doe Hunter
Mergie Marauder

Mon Mar 14, 2016 12:28 pm

They are probably piling up the Canada geese and Specks. Be like "Spring goose season rocks"
get-n-birdy wrote:Remember, just because it's not legal doesn't mean you can't do it, there's just a fee if you get caught.

Drunk_Dynasty
Mergie Marauder

Mon Mar 14, 2016 2:07 pm

I saw about 75 snows off Hwy 12 just east of Ortonville in a field yesterday. That's the most I think I've seen in one spot in MN before.

Return to “Waterfowl Hunting”