Forum rules
NOTICE! These forums are intended for CIVIL discussion around waterfowl hunting. If you've got an axe to grind or rant to make, do it in the MNFOWL's Misguided Children forum.
Musher
Coot Commander

Re: Snow Goose Hunters

Sun Jan 05, 2014 12:41 pm

Been to SD 3 times and I'm hooked on it. Went with Steve Lee twice and once with a group from the fuge. All 3 times were great hunts. Don't have anything planned for this spring as far as snow hunting. Taking the wife to Indiana for a turkey hunt...I'd rather go goose hunting.

tbuc
Coot Commander

Mon Jan 06, 2014 1:10 am

I try to get after the snows a weekend or two every spring in SD and/or ND. Doesn't always work out, but I try. Have had good hunts in both, but no huge numbers ever. My favorite hunt I went solo and shot 14 in one day, turned around and came home same day due to bad back. Always over decoys with caller but I have nothing against sneaks, pass shooting etc. Decoys has just been what I've gone. I'd be up for a group hunt if it worked out, but timing/planning ahead is always hard for me.

Lars30
Coot Commander

Mon Jan 06, 2014 4:47 pm

I used to get after the white devils pretty often, started doin it the very first season, but after moving to the north land we take around 5 days a spring to chase them wherever they may be, always hope for ND because its a closer drive. Usually run around 900 sillos and a foxpro.
Call em in and take em out

Return to “Waterfowl Hunting”