Forum rules
NOTICE! These forums are intended for CIVIL discussion around waterfowl hunting. If you've got an axe to grind or rant to make, do it in the MNFOWL's Misguided Children forum.
lanyard
Mergie Marauder

Re: The "big push" and tail end of the duck season for 2016

Wed Dec 07, 2016 3:18 pm

Would be nice to get a Gov that hunts and fishes on their own, as part of a continuing past time. Would love to see a Gov Fishing Opener where he/she says, "Guide, sure, he can ride in my boat...."

Or could have a discussion about teal migration.

That had gotten bloody up to their elbows in the cavity of a white tail.

That knows how to cook so every time one of the vege-fried brain trusts says "Meat is murder" the Gov could say, "Well, if this tastes like murder, dish me some seconds!"

Note to self: ....get elected Governor

Bullet21XD
Mergie Marauder

Re: RE: Re: The

Wed Dec 07, 2016 5:08 pm

Bailey wrote:
Bullet21XD wrote:So having a couple duck parks is going to solve the problem?

Have you ever hunted Missouri public land?

Sure, having quality, well managed habitat could be beneficial. But, the MN DNR already tried it once, they failed. They lack the commitment to create a successful Moist Soil program. In the end, the DNR is virtually an anti hunting organization, they are not on the hunters' side.

I would agree they are not on the hunters side at all. When did they try the moist soil thing? As far as Missouri it seems lots of guys in fields and leased areas are slaughtering daily limits of birds that come from squaw nwr and the most soil units. We have zero refuges that attract and hold ducks in Minn. Heck lqp is lucky to get 10000 geese at peak in December. It's a joke.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

I've probably said this before...but you should just quit!

Again, you prove you just can't kill ducks...with your latest river reports. The river was better than average this year.

No refuge? Half the f-ing state is a duck refuge. We have too much unhuntable land and water.

Before you give up, drive down to Otter Slough for a hunt. Let us all know how "good" Missouri has it! My guess is you really have no clue.
Last edited by Bullet21XD on Wed Dec 07, 2016 5:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dominate The Skies.

Quack
Mergie Marauder

Wed Dec 07, 2016 5:18 pm

There are active moist soil units at Roseau River, Thief, and LQP. DNR has others as well but I can't remember where off the top of my head.

All the ones I'm aware of are refuges.

Bailey
Mergie Marauder

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: The

Wed Dec 07, 2016 5:22 pm

Bullet21XD wrote:[quote="Bailey"][quote="Bullet21XD"]So having a couple duck parks is going to solve the problem?

Sure, having quality, well managed habitat could be beneficial. But, the MN DNR already tried it once, they failed. They lack the commitment to create a successful Moist Soil program. In the end, the DNR is virtually an anti hunting organization, they are not on the hunters' side.

I would agree they are not on the hunters side at all. When did they try the moist soil thing? As far as Missouri it seems lots of guys in fields and leased areas are slaughtering daily limits of birds that come from squaw nwr and the most soil units. We have zero refuges that attract and hold ducks in Minn. Heck lqp is lucky to get 10000 geese at peak in December. It's a joke.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk[/quote]

Again, you prove you just can't kill ducks...with your latest river reports. The river was better than average this year.

No refuge? Half the f-ing state is a duck refuge. We have too much unhuntable land and water.

Before you give up, drive down to Otter Creek for a hunt. Let us all know how "good" Missouri has it! My guess is you really have no clue.[/quote]
Really I shot a limit ever single day in SD. Dumb luck I guess for 7 days straight in 65 degree weather and no wind. You should come down and lecture the other other dozen rigs as well that did not get squat yesterday. They should all quite as well.Clearly they do not know how to hunt the few birds that were flying around or the migrators that were a mile high. We should easily have been able to call them down if we were real hunters like you. By the way I have hunted missouri before with a buddies connection near squaw and we limited on mallards.

Bailey
Mergie Marauder

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: The

Wed Dec 07, 2016 5:25 pm

Bullet21XD wrote:[quote="Bailey"][quote="Bullet21XD"]So having a couple duck parks is going to solve the problem?

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk[/quote]

Before you give up, drive down to Otter Creek for a hunt. Let us all know how "good" Missouri has it! My guess is you really have no clue.[/quote]
I know 46 ducks in 9 hunts is a pretty shitty average for the year. It is flat out unacceptable as it should be 6.0 per hunt. I really need to improve.

Bullet21XD
Mergie Marauder

Wed Dec 07, 2016 5:46 pm

Sounds like some kind of record.
Dominate The Skies.

h2ofwlr
The One And Only

Wed Dec 07, 2016 7:29 pm

And here I thought I was doing good with a 4 per bird average years ago...

Anyway, lots Canada's migrating again today. Boy were they getting excited when they see open water.
God, help me be the man that my dog thinks that I am.

Bailey
Mergie Marauder

Re: RE: Re: The "big push" and tail end of the duck season for 2016

Wed Dec 07, 2016 7:52 pm

Bullet21XD wrote:Sounds like some kind of record.

I need to take my out on the mud hole known as marsh lake and show me what a real smack down is.

bobackwater
I'll Swat Your Decoys

Wed Dec 07, 2016 8:38 pm

[img]
IMG_20161113_111054974.jpg
[/img]

IMG_20161022_103447335.jpg
Attachments
IMG_20161113_111054974.jpg

bobackwater
I'll Swat Your Decoys

Wed Dec 07, 2016 8:44 pm

Hunt hard. Hunt often and actually think about the where and when birds should be on any given day. I hate the word but MN was epic from start to finish this year. Going to the same place setting the same decoys and hunting the same hours just doesn't cut it anymore. Amazed how many guys think if they go hunting , throw out a dozen flambeau and a spinner that they deserve to pound a limit.

Return to “Waterfowl Hunting”