Forum rules
NOTICE! These forums are intended for CIVIL discussion around waterfowl hunting. If you've got an axe to grind or rant to make, do it in the MNFOWL's Misguided Children forum.
h2ofwlr
The One And Only

Re: Ducks

Thu Jul 20, 2017 11:13 am

Wow, I did not realize that SD land access had gotten than bad lately....

...or was it they wanted you to pay to play type of thing?
God, help me be the man that my dog thinks that I am.

Hansen
Mergie Marauder

Thu Jul 20, 2017 12:48 pm

Not really pay at least for me.

prairie hunter
Coot Commander

Sun Jul 23, 2017 7:56 pm

I have to agree with Hansen. Landowners used to see waterfowl hunters for maybe 30 - 45 days a year. Now they can see them 4 - 5 months with August and September goose seasons, later freeze-up falls extending hunting past Thanksgiving, and spring snow goose season.

Some just get worn out.

gimpfinger
Mergie Marauder

Re: RE: Re: Ducks

Sun Jul 23, 2017 10:25 pm

Hansen wrote:Wait what . . . . .DA with an article about how few ducks are around. That clown needs to get out from the river bottoms down by grant falls.

Closer to redwood than granite.

Sent from my SM-S902L using Tapatalk
Hate hate hate hate hate hate

gimpfinger
Mergie Marauder

Sun Jul 23, 2017 10:30 pm

"For Minnesota hunters, whose ducks come mostly from local mallard production, it’s all about the brood and its survival. Habitat is one issue. Is hunting another?"

This guy has to mentally handicapped. Not talking Forrest Gump handicapped either.

Sent from my SM-S902L using Tapatalk
Hate hate hate hate hate hate

Bailey
Mergie Marauder

Re: RE: Re: Ducks

Tue Jul 25, 2017 12:52 am

Hansen wrote:Ya I guess if you want to go and shoot gads, a few mallards and pintails you could hunt water in later October/early November and mop up. Last time I was there we average a "yes" 1 of 10 times. Many of these were guys who's land we hunted in the past. I do miss it. There are a few water spots I should apply just to hunt. This year might be different with how dry it is.
With three kids in sports I gotta take what I can get these days. Tried going late in 2014 for mallards and a blizzard hit with 8 inches of snow. I just have to pick a date and go. Can't be spur of the moment anymore.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Return to “Waterfowl Hunting”