Forum rules
NOTICE! These forums are intended for CIVIL discussion around waterfowl hunting. If you've got an axe to grind or rant to make, do it in the MNFOWL's Misguided Children forum.
9manfan
Mergie Marauder

Re: "Mallard Club" Defunct?

Tue Aug 29, 2017 12:00 pm

randywatson wrote:what ever happened to Walker?

I believe he moved out to the Lake Michigan area, one of the Great Lakes if I remember right......miss that guys wisdom on here.......
This crowd has gone deadly silent... Cinderella story, out of nowhere, former greenskeeper, now, about to become the Masters Championship. It looks like a mirac- It's in the hole! It's in the hole!~ Carl Spackler

Bullet21XD
Mergie Marauder

Tue Aug 29, 2017 1:42 pm

It's mostly...if not all repeat business. Or "word of mouth" clients.

I can assure this...niether Steve gives a shit about maintaining a website.
Dominate The Skies.

lanyard
Mergie Marauder

Tue Aug 29, 2017 3:04 pm

Bullet21XD wrote:It's mostly...if not all repeat business. Or "word of mouth" clients.

I can assure this...niether Steve gives a shit about maintaining a website.

What? How could they ever stay in business?

There's a guy I have a catalog for, printed on his computer and stapled, for long rig supplies. He only has a phone number. You don't find him unless you know the right people. The catalog was done like 15 years ago. He doesn't care much if you don't like his current price. You send him a check.

Love that guy, even though I bought inferior product from his competitor for the simple fact I could order it online :-)

maplelakeduckslayer
Mergie Marauder

Tue Aug 29, 2017 10:04 pm

Kinda how I operate, bare bones site no space book, twitface, whatever the hell else there is. Word of mouth and referrals typically weeds out the ftards

Hansen
Mergie Marauder

Wed Aug 30, 2017 7:30 am

Lanyard - If you hunted there when it's good you would understand. It can be lights out,l that kinda of hunting sells it's self.

lanyard
Mergie Marauder

Wed Aug 30, 2017 8:45 am

Hansen wrote:Lanyard - If you hunted there when it's good you would understand. It can be lights out,l that kinda of hunting sells it's self.

I was working on irony there, but see where it missed the mark.

The long line supply guy does solid business based on his quality and knowledge. The online guy does solid business based on convenience.

Mallard Club has their client and I assume makes good coin. To Bullets point, and yours, they don't need a website as they don't need to be found. A benefit of having the rice operation is it cash flows the land for the duck operation.

Compare that to the Guide of the Year conversation when their growth requires marketing and attention to market share.

Both models are good as mine as they are serving the investors interest.

For mallard club I would think it would be a reduction in MLDS' f'tards and tire kickers :-)

9manfan
Mergie Marauder

Wed Aug 30, 2017 9:43 am

Listening to WCCO last weekend and ole Maxed Out Guide spent alot of coin with Mike Max talking about them...........never heard the The Mallard Club ad's.......
This crowd has gone deadly silent... Cinderella story, out of nowhere, former greenskeeper, now, about to become the Masters Championship. It looks like a mirac- It's in the hole! It's in the hole!~ Carl Spackler

Hansen
Mergie Marauder

Wed Aug 30, 2017 10:18 am

When you mop a limit of mallards before sunrise you don't need to advertise or slurp up to that clown Mike Max.

Bullet21XD
Mergie Marauder

Wed Aug 30, 2017 12:43 pm

Hansen wrote:When you mop a limit of mallards before sunrise you don't need to advertise or slurp up to that clown Mike Max.

Some guys don't appreciate 20 minute hunts!

Lanyard...rice has been and is still being phased out. Occasionally they don't meet their production needs and have to buy rice to sell. The $$ is in the wetland conversions.
Dominate The Skies.

lanyard
Mergie Marauder

Wed Aug 30, 2017 3:01 pm

^^^^^ ah.

Used to hunt that area quite a bit, further East where there are hills, ridges and naturally occurring bodies of water :-)

Return to “Waterfowl Hunting”