Forum rules
NOTICE! These forums are intended for CIVIL discussion around waterfowl hunting. If you've got an axe to grind or rant to make, do it in the MNFOWL's Misguided Children forum.
h2ofwlr
The One And Only

Re: Gearing Up for Spring Snows

Mon Mar 05, 2018 11:38 am

^^^ Are you yo-yoing?
I've dropped 55 in the last 14 months.
God, help me be the man that my dog thinks that I am.

Nershi
Mergie Marauder

Mon Mar 05, 2018 3:03 pm

I hope to make it out for snows this spring. Gotta see how things are looking once I get back from a fishing trip Mid-March. I'll keep an eye on Fowlers weather, snow line and migration reports and see if I can make it happen.

I'd really like to make a trip up to SK in the spring one of these years but it won't happen this year. The friends we have made up north have said guys are pretty successful in the spring around there.

lanyard
Mergie Marauder

Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:24 pm

h2ofwlr wrote:^^^ Are you yo-yoing?
I've dropped 55 in the last 14 months.

My weight? No. Dropped a quick 10 before the Holidays, then Holidays and January and pretty much February I didn't do anything with diet/exercise.

Back on let couple weeks and picked off another 5.

5 years ago I got to 193lbs, then the company started growing and the kids got busy and over the last 5 years I got to 223lbs. Carried it better, but still Jigglypuff and was maxing the the belts and started getting the gobbler neck thing. Put on a dress shirt and tie for a wedding and might as well stuffed a 12 gauge she'll in a 20 gauge chamber....

Now that I'm 15 down, kids are wayyyyy more self managing, and I sold the production company I've got some time to target new goals. Working in getting a job as selling the company was a lifestyle move, not a make bank move.

Gots to get in shape, gets the good cash.... Have an invite to SK next year I need to take advantage of and will be coming back into Ameriprise to chase snows in a couple years when the oldest is able to drive her and the youngest around.

Swear to God, I put less miles on when I was hunting 30+ days a season than I do in 2 weeks hauling the kids to practices and tournaments. It's all good, but looking forward to setting my own priorities again down the line..

maplelakeduckslayer
Mergie Marauder

Tue Mar 06, 2018 11:38 pm

Typically 195-200 myself, cut down to 179 and slowly building it back up with muscle to hopefully about 190. Lot harder than when I was 25. Kinda got some health stuff going on though that I'm hoping isn't being caused by something more serious that is making it more challenging...keeping an eye on it.

maplelakeduckslayer
Mergie Marauder

Tue Mar 06, 2018 11:39 pm

Congrats on the company sale!

Hansen
Mergie Marauder

Wed Mar 07, 2018 8:30 am

Trying to keep it at 210 at 6'2". It's hard but I walk a lot, work out some and eat right. I'm not getting younger either.

h2ofwlr
The One And Only

Wed Mar 07, 2018 10:36 am

lanyard wrote:
h2ofwlr wrote:^^^ Are you yo-yoing?

My weight?

No, Quack as he said once, like it was down and then back up.
God, help me be the man that my dog thinks that I am.

Bill Gilbertson
Mergie Marauder

Tue Apr 10, 2018 1:47 pm

So how did your hunts go Chuck? Anybody else get out?

cstemig
Mergie Marauder

Wed Apr 11, 2018 8:49 am

Haven't got out yet....waiting for some better weather and some snow melt.
" God is great, beer is good, and people are just frickin crazy!."

Duckman23
Mergie Marauder

Wed Apr 11, 2018 9:59 am

Haven't made a trip out yet. Not looking good for a spring trip. Maybe have to try and make an extra trip in the fall. Turkey season isn't looking great either.

Return to “Waterfowl Hunting”