Gordon
Mergie Marauder

Re: If you were to buy a new semi-automatic shotgun...

Tue Jul 29, 2014 10:35 am

So..... this turned into a pump vs. semi-auto rabble fest. No thoughts as to what gun is above and beyond?
Craigslist Prostaff

emptymag
Mergie Marauder

Tue Jul 29, 2014 11:18 am

tola18 wrote:So..... this turned into a pump vs. semi-auto rabble fest. No thoughts as to what gun is above and beyond?

Get a M2 or Affinity. Keep your Nova.
"You can't eat ethical." - Ron Spomer

"There's a feeling I get, When I look to the west, And my spirit is crying for leaving" - LED ZEP

Nershi
Mergie Marauder

Tue Jul 29, 2014 11:19 am

tola18 wrote:So..... this turned into a pump vs. semi-auto rabble fest. No thoughts as to what gun is above and beyond?

How many threads stay on topic in this forum? :)

As I said Benelli or Beretta. Can't go wrong with either. Whichever feels best in your paws.

delta
Mergie Marauder

Tue Jul 29, 2014 7:43 pm

Mossberg duck commander edition

emptymag
Mergie Marauder

Tue Jul 29, 2014 9:10 pm

delta wrote:Mossberg duck commander edition

Pump or semi?

"There's a feeling I get, When I look to the west, And my spirit is crying for leaving" - LED ZEP

tyler
Mergie Marauder

Thu Jul 31, 2014 10:45 am

browning gold 10 if I had to buy a new gun

StuStiltman
Mergie Marauder

Mon Aug 11, 2014 8:28 pm

Pick a new gun yet? If not I'd suggest looking at a bennelli montefeltro (super 90). Mines jammed twice in the last 12 years, and i dont clean it often, ive never taken the trigger mechanism apart and cleaned that. I use it from September until December, been good to me, it also fits me well which is important as many guys have said already. It comes with shims that can be added or subtracted to fit different guys. Not a 3 1/2 gun but put a pattern master or similar choke in it and that should give you some extra range. Have fun picking the new gun out and let us know what you get!

dwendt
Mergie Marauder

Tue Aug 12, 2014 6:12 am

I cringe when people say "I don't clean my gun a lot"

I know I probably over clean mine but I never understood lack of cleaning it. Last thing I want is it to fail

emptymag
Mergie Marauder

Tue Aug 12, 2014 8:48 pm

dwendt wrote:I cringe when people say "I don't clean my gun a lot"

I know I probably over clean mine but I never understood lack of cleaning it. Last thing I want is it to fail

I hear ya. A few years back I decided to shoot my M2 until it gave me a few problems. It made it one summer of sporting clays, duck season, snow geese then acted up the end of the next summer. Around 2000+ rounds.

dwendt
Mergie Marauder

Tue Aug 12, 2014 8:59 pm

emptymag wrote:
dwendt wrote:I cringe when people say "I don't clean my gun a lot"

I hear ya. A few years back I decided to shoot my M2 until it gave me a few problems. It made it one summer of sporting clays, duck season, snow geese then acted up the end of the next summer. Around 2000+ rounds.

That's awesome that you put that many rounds through it and then just started having problems, seems like a lot to me anyways. What ended up being the problem, just gummed up?

Return to “Firearms, Ammo & Gear Discussion”