cstemig
Mergie Marauder

Winducks....Any Testomonies?

Wed Oct 29, 2014 11:03 am

I've been thinking of picking one or two of them up. At $35.00, they don't seem to be too badly priced.

Anyone currently using them? Problems?

Any brand recommendations? (i.e. Mojo vs Lucky Duck)
" God is great, beer is good, and people are just frickin crazy!."

Gordon
Mergie Marauder

Re: Winducks....Any Testomonies?

Wed Oct 29, 2014 11:20 am

I have only hunted one time that the wind was strong enough to make my Air Lucky Duck work effectively. That was a field hunt in ND with 40 mph winds... Usually the 15 mph winds will make one wing spin, but not the other, or neither. I have not found a wind powered spinner that works in light to moderate winds.
Craigslist Prostaff

greatwhitehunter3!
Mergie Marauder

Wed Oct 29, 2014 4:20 pm

If it's the one Im thinking of it was great. Had ball bearing wings and they moved together or not at all. None of that one wing crap.

StuStiltman
Mergie Marauder

Sat Nov 01, 2014 5:17 pm

I use winducks, they are advertised as working with as little as a 5 mph wind, I've never actually measured the wind and compared it with the wings but I'm thinking it takes more like 10 mph to get them spinning, probably 15 to match the speed of an electric spinner. I'm happy with mine, I've had them for I'm thinking 10 years or so, still work. I don't remember what I spent on them but 35 sounds like a good deal, I think they cost 50 on the winduck websight. What I really like about them is they have ball bearings (which has already been said), and they are silhouette shaped, so they don't take up much room in the boat. Also they are light enough to mount on the back of super mag duck or normal goose decoys, so you don't have to worry about deep water or have to mess around with sticking poles in the mud. Overall I'd say there a good product, obviously assuming your OK with them not working without a decent wind. Hope that helps.

CA
I came here for the barrel sticker

Sun Nov 02, 2014 6:50 pm

We bought a pair of wind mojos this year. I like them but we found that extensions are important if hunting in cattails. They have to be up above the height of weeds to work consistently. As far as wind speed I would say 10 MPH or more for consistent spinning. We ran two motorized and two wind mojos yesterday afternoon and after two hours the wind ones were the only ones still working.

We bought them as a two pack for $50.

Oh yeah, the only down fall I thought of was they're pretty loud when spinning fast but the ducks didn't care so why should I.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

STEALFLI
Coot Commander

Tue Nov 11, 2014 10:03 pm

greatwhitehunter3! wrote:If it's the one Im thinking of it was great. Had ball bearing wings and they moved together or not at all. None of that one wing crap.

I had the one with the ball bearings also. The problem I had was. There was usually not enough wind in my decoy spread to keep the wings moving. Like Stu said. It says 5mph to keep them spinning. But it really is around a constant 10 to 15 or more. So I would put it on a extension pole on the outer edge of the decoys where the wind was stronger. Mostly used it during the ban on motorized decoys during the first part of the season. Then I would use it as a extra attractor with the Mojo's. I think I paid around forty to fifty dollars for it.

Return to “Firearms, Ammo & Gear Discussion”