cstemig
Mergie Marauder

Want a Fabarm XLR Waterfowler? You will have to wait!

Wed Sep 28, 2016 5:40 pm

https://fabarmusa.com/xlr5-waterfowler/

I have been trying to get my hands on the new Fabarm XLR Waterfowler (12-gauge, gas operated semi-auto) since August. There currently isn't one in the state of Minnesota to look at. So, I contacted Fabarm directly and asked them about it. Their reply was that they did not anticipate such a huge demand for it, so their manufacturing is behind. They stated that it will be about December before they will get any more into the country. :(

The regional sale representative then contacted me and said that there will be only 20 of them sent to the country in December....20 for the entire U.S.! However, he told me that when he gets one, he will invite me out for some test shooting. :)

This gun appears to be one of the next great waterfowling shotguns.
" God is great, beer is good, and people are just frickin crazy!."

cstemig
Mergie Marauder

Re: Want a Fabarm XLR Waterfowler? You will have to wait!

Sun Aug 20, 2017 9:44 am

Believe it or not, I finally put my fingers on the actual gun. A booth at Game Fair actually had one....demo of course! It does have its appeal. Fairly light and easy to point. Nice slight plane, but too wide of a rib for my liking...3/8" or so. It kind of reminds of a Remington 1100, but much lighter and with a few upgrades.

Here is the kicker again!!! None in stock! ZIPPO, NADA, NOPE, NOT HAPPENING! I informed the vendor that I had been waiting to see one for a year and now that I have, I couldn't buy one if I wanted to. He had nothing to say.
" God is great, beer is good, and people are just frickin crazy!."

emptymag
Mergie Marauder

Re: Want a Fabarm XLR Waterfowler? You will have to wait!

Fri Sep 01, 2017 8:29 am

There is a xlr waterfowler and sporting clays edition at my local gunshop.

Didn't check prices but he's always right in there with everyone else.
"You can't eat ethical." - Ron Spomer

"There's a feeling I get, When I look to the west, And my spirit is crying for leaving" - LED ZEP

Return to “Firearms, Ammo & Gear Discussion”