cstemig
Mergie Marauder

Wader Repair

Fri Nov 03, 2017 1:30 pm

https://www.amazon.com/Sudbury-Elastome ... QFJF9ACD5J

I tried this stuff on my waders, and so far it is working really good. I first tried Goop with no luck and then tried Goop II....same old poop only different label. Went on like a dream, but didn't hold. The surface that I put it on was cleaned with alcohol and then dried with a hot air drier. Goop I and Goop II simply didn't hold.

This stuff won't fix a large tear, but for a leaky seam it is pretty good I applied it directly over the seam and then worked it into the seam using circular motion with index finger dipped in mineral spirits. It dries fairly quick, but needs at least 23-36 hours to cure.
" God is great, beer is good, and people are just frickin crazy!."

Nershi
Mergie Marauder

Re: Wader Repair

Fri Nov 03, 2017 2:33 pm

Report back in a few hunts. I've tried a lot of stuff over the years and most work for a couple hunts then you are back to leaky waders. My last few sets I've just tossed when they start leaking and buy new.

gimpfinger
Mergie Marauder

Fri Nov 03, 2017 4:37 pm

I've had aqau seal in some spots on my waders going on 4 years now and still holding. Never use goop it gets hard and cracks.

If patching the rubber boot itself and not the neo with use an actual rubber patch for inner tubes with rubber cement or aqau seal. Read directions and follow for both...lightly scuffing before patching is essential for both ways.

Sent from my LGL64VL using Tapatalk
Hate hate hate hate hate hate

gimpfinger
Mergie Marauder

Fri Nov 03, 2017 4:40 pm

Actually doing a preemptive strike tonight on a couple suspect spots before this weekend.[img]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171103/61165e577ffff02a8e4c31055d81b05c.jpg[/img]

lanyard
Mergie Marauder

Sat Nov 04, 2017 11:02 pm

gimpfinger wrote:I've had aqau seal in some spots on my waders going on 4 years now and still holding. Never use goop it gets hard and cracks.

If patching the rubber boot itself and not the neo with use an actual rubber patch for inner tubes with rubber cement or aqau seal. Read directions and follow for both...lightly scuffing before patching is essential for both ways.

I agree on AquaSeal. And if you have the means, AquaSeal a patch of fabric/neoprene over the hole on one or both sides. Fill hole with AquaSeal and butter the area around it, stick on patch, caulk patch with AquaSeal.

h2ofwlr
The One And Only

Mon Nov 06, 2017 9:44 am

Gimp what is it with you and your computer never getting the photo to show up??? It happens all the time for you.
It reminds me of a friend that got a new smart phone last spring, he replies to emails, but after so many people bitching of why he does not respond - he found out none of his emails that he sent ever left his phone. :o
So it makes me wonder if you have a similar issue. BTW the posted code works because if I cut and paste it to my browser, the photo shows up.
Last edited by h2ofwlr on Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
God, help me be the man that my dog thinks that I am.

gimpfinger
Mergie Marauder

Re: RE: Re: Wader Repair

Sun Nov 12, 2017 5:50 am

h2ofwlr wrote:Gimp what is it you your computer never getting the photo to show up??? It happens all the time for you.
It reminds me of a friend that got a new smart phone last spring, he replies to emails, but after so many people bitching of why he does not respond - he found out none of his emails that he sent ever left his phone. :o
So it makes me wonder if you have a similar issue. BTW the posted code works because if I cut and paste it to my browser, the photo shows up.
It's a new phone. It's about to bounced off the boat landing at the moment. Damn thing will save random photos from facebook friends when I try to save one of my photos to my phone from facebook.

Takem1
Mergie Marauder

Wed Sep 19, 2018 6:28 pm

fooking waders

Quack
Mergie Marauder

Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:52 pm

Can’t remember if it was goop or shoe goo but I’ve had great luck on waders, muck boots, etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gimpfinger
Mergie Marauder

Re: RE: Re: Wader Repair

Wed Sep 19, 2018 9:42 pm

Takem1 wrote:fooking waders
Them froggs should be nice with that removable liner.

Sent from my SM-S327VL using Tapatalk

Return to “Firearms, Ammo & Gear Discussion”