dwendt
Mergie Marauder

Scheels Waders

Mon Mar 24, 2014 9:49 pm

I was browsing scheels hunting gear and ended up by the waders shaking my head, I hated the waders I got as a warranty replacement last year and that's still all they have, Velcro vs clip shoulder straps.

Anyways an associate comes over to ask I need help and is explain my predicament, he says that they're switching suppliers because the old one let them down last year (ran out of the waders I actually liked). And said they will be changing the brand from "scheels" waders because people were "taking advantage of their lifetime warranty". So they will no say "DU" instead of scheels.

So basically people were using their warranty like any normal human who pays for a lifetime warranty and scheels got butt hurt because they weren't making money on people getting waders warrantied.

He also says that ideally waders should only last 1-2 years. That's why they felt the warranty was being taken advantage of when people brought in 15 year old waders and wanted a warranty. You will still be able to do this but only once because your nice new pair will say "DU" instead of "scheels" and they will carry a 1-2 warranty according to the associate I spoke with.

Looks like it's Cabelas from here on out for waders atleast.

goosethumps
I'll Swat Your Decoys

Re: Scheels Waders

Fri Apr 18, 2014 12:17 am

I recently saw the same thing at my local Scheels store. I used to exclusively promote Scheels waders, but it looks like I'll need to start wearing cabelas as well. I can't believe that a business as large as Scheels would be loosing a considerable amount of money over wader returns. It sounds kind of ridiculous to me. Their new wader line looks CHEAP. I think they will loose more money over this deal than they were loosing when they offered a lifetime warenty!

dwendt
Mergie Marauder

Fri Apr 18, 2014 7:31 am

I found them to be very cheap, and I didn't even take them hunting my wife brought then home after exchanging them and I tried them on and took them back the next day, I was afraid they were going to fall off just standing in my kitchen let alone trying to walk through a slough.

tyler
Mergie Marauder

Sat May 03, 2014 5:53 am

I thought the warranty was only good for 1 year. Does that mean that I could bring in my two year old scheels waders that have a big crack in the boot and still get a replacement? Just wondering

dwendt
Mergie Marauder

Sat May 03, 2014 6:59 am

If they say scheels yes, you should be able to. but I would just get cash or a gift card if I was you.

Goldfish
Mergie Marauder

Mon May 05, 2014 11:52 pm

For how much waders cost, they darn well better last me more than 2 years

Sent from a phancy fone

Waterfowlist
Mergie Marauder

Tue May 06, 2014 12:03 pm

That's why I have always worn Cabelas waders. I have heard they too are getting tighter on their warranty, but I have never personally had them deny me a return on leaky waders. Waders should definitely last longer than 1-2 seasons. Its a shame when you can no longer use a pair and 99% of the wader is in great shape minus a hole you cant patch on the boot.

gimpfinger
Mergie Marauder

Tue May 06, 2014 8:37 pm

Goldfish wrote:For how much waders cost, they darn well better last me more than 2 years

Sent from a phancy fone

That stupid foam coated with paper thin rubber they use for the boots suck a fat one.

Every brand I have tried in the last ten years sucks. One season is all I can get out of em.

sent from your under your bed
Hate hate hate hate hate hate

Return to “Firearms, Ammo & Gear Discussion”