DakotaDog72
Coot Commander

Re: Texas rigged decoys

Sat Nov 30, 2013 6:34 pm

For transport, we have a couple of options. One is a Rig'em right bag. It's the DP3, big easy to load and have comfy for walking in. At least so I'm told. Also have an old FA wide mouth bag. Both work great. We just load them loose and that works just great.

Gordon
Mergie Marauder

Wed Dec 11, 2013 10:16 pm

I have both the 54" and the 30" lines on about half of my decoys. Use them almost exclusively until late season. My opinion is if you are hunting water that you need to use the 54", stick to ACE weights. The 54's get tangled in transport and that washes out any time saving they might have. The 30" are a dream to use in shallow water. That's where you really see and increase in speed while setting and picking up your dekes.
Craigslist Prostaff

lumbertick
Mergie Marauder

Thu Dec 12, 2013 12:46 pm

I have dozen featherlites that I bought for a trip to the BWCA rigged this way. It's the only practical way to rigs these dekes. They do make picking up very slick like others have stated...but I suck at deploying them as cool as the videos...could just be a "me" problem :D I usually carry these in a GG canoe pack with the rest of my gear. I'm not big on any of the decoy bags out there for long carries. For dekes with a keel...I think the Ace system is the cat's azz.

lt

Swartzy
Mergie Marauder

Thu Dec 12, 2013 3:43 pm

I have been looking at getting a rig'em right wide mouth bag that they make for them. Anyone use them?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Return to “Firearms, Ammo & Gear Discussion”