Gordon
Mergie Marauder

Big Foot Goose Shells

Sun Dec 01, 2013 10:06 pm

I've got to say that after my first year using Big Foot Rester Shells....VERY impressed. Didn't treat them with much concern... tossed them in bags and threw them in the trailer. They still look sharp on what could have potentially been the last goose hunt of my year. I'll be adding more BF sleepers and resters before next year.
Attachments
20131201_154322.jpg
a dozen BF rester shells mixed in
Craigslist Prostaff

DiverLine
Coot Commander

Re: Big Foot Goose Shells

Mon Dec 02, 2013 4:13 pm

They look awesome!

delta
Mergie Marauder

Tue Dec 03, 2013 8:18 pm

ive got some of those too, the most expensive, but they are indestructible big foot. nice ice spread too

emptymag
Mergie Marauder

Wed Dec 04, 2013 12:00 am

FA is good too. If you can find them. I like the foots better thought because they sit on the ground completely including the butt so the wind cant catch them as easily. hmmmmmmmmm might have to sell my GHG now, damn.
"You can't eat ethical." - Ron Spomer

"There's a feeling I get, When I look to the west, And my spirit is crying for leaving" - LED ZEP

greatwhitehunter3!
Mergie Marauder

Wed Dec 04, 2013 9:11 am

We have all GHG FFD shells and like them a lot. They do get caught by the wind occasionally but not enough to get rid of them.

h2ofwlr
The One And Only

Wed Dec 04, 2013 2:36 pm

So what are you all doing to keep the shells and FBs from sliding across the ice on a windy day?
God, help me be the man that my dog thinks that I am.

Gordon
Mergie Marauder

Wed Dec 04, 2013 4:13 pm

We were lucky on this hunt and had a wind that was under 10 mph. But the decoys did not budge.... (it was pretty speedy being able to park the truck on shore and slide the shells 60 yards across the ice to my hunting buddy who was placing them!)

Unlike most shells, the Bigfoots do not have a gap between the end of the decoy and the ground. Most shells have a large "hole" in the tail end that air can get under for a lift effect. Sending them rolling.

I've also noticed that they are made of a little more heavy duty plastic. Not as flimsy, and adding a little weight. Some would view the extra weight as a negative, but I haven't had a single BF flip over on my this season. I only have a dozen, but I will be adding a dozen or more sleepers for next year.

Bigfoot fullbodies have also earned my 100% stamp of approval. They aren't as 'pretty' out of the box, but they'll look that way after years of abuse, as you all know. Dakota decoys claimed to match their durability, but only to see significant wear on the body paint after a couple of hunting seasons. I purchashed 8 bigfoots and 8 dakotas for the same hunting season a couple years back, and the proof is in the pudding.
Craigslist Prostaff

greatwhitehunter3!
Mergie Marauder

Wed Dec 04, 2013 4:26 pm

tola18 wrote:Bigfoot fullbodies have also earned my 100% stamp of approval. They aren't as 'pretty' out of the box, but they'll look that way after years of abuse, as you all know. Dakota decoys claimed to match their durability, but only to see significant wear on the body paint after a couple of hunting seasons. I purchashed 8 bigfoots and 8 dakotas for the same hunting season a couple years back, and the proof is in the pudding.

While I don't doubt that one second, I still cannot stand the look of Bigfoot full bodies. Obviously this is personal opinion but if I'm going to shell out the $ and sit around these 30 times a year, I want to look at something that looks good to my eye.

We're going on 5 years with Dakota XFD lessers and they look like they did when we first bought them.

Gordon
Mergie Marauder

Wed Dec 04, 2013 4:42 pm

greatwhitehunter3! wrote:
tola18 wrote:Bigfoot fullbodies have also earned my 100% stamp of approval. They aren't as 'pretty' out of the box, but they'll look that way after years of abuse, as you all know. Dakota decoys claimed to match their durability, but only to see significant wear on the body paint after a couple of hunting seasons. I purchashed 8 bigfoots and 8 dakotas for the same hunting season a couple years back, and the proof is in the pudding.

While I don't doubt that one second, I still cannot stand the look of Bigfoot full bodies. Obviously this is personal opinion but if I'm going to shell out the $ and sit around these 30 times a year, I want to look at something that looks good to my eye.

We're going on 5 years with Dakota XFD lessers and they look like they did when we first bought them.

How many do you use? We don't bag anything...painted decoys piled in a trailer. Bought the Dakotas because they look sexy and were supposedly as durable. I really like the look of them, but will never buy the even the painted decoys again without buying bags for them.
Craigslist Prostaff

greatwhitehunter3!
Mergie Marauder

Wed Dec 04, 2013 4:54 pm

tola18 wrote:
greatwhitehunter3! wrote:

How many do you use? We don't bag anything...painted decoys piled in a trailer. Bought the Dakotas because they look sexy and were supposedly as durable. I really like the look of them, but will never buy the even the painted decoys again without buying bags for them.

Run 5 dozen most of the year and everything gets bagged in 6 slots. Takes a little extra time but keeps things cleaner and lasting longer. Really, it doesn't take that much longer either because when one guy is walking to get the truck, the decoys are brought to the blinds in groups of 6. Love the durability, stakes connected and the one piece design.

Return to “Firearms, Ammo & Gear Discussion”