cstemig
Mergie Marauder

Winchester camo SXP 28" Availability...Not!!

Mon Sep 15, 2014 7:16 pm

My nephew went to Cabelas in Woodbury two weeks ago to buy a Winchester SXP, camo, 28" barrel that was on sale. Of course, Cabelas didn't have it on the shelf. They gave him a rain check and told him that they would have one shipped to their store from another store. Well, he got a call yesterday and guess what....no 28" barrel, camo SXP to be found anywhere in their system!

I searched Davidson's Gallery of Guns for the same gun. They also showed them as being "back ordered" from Winchester.

It is very frustrating when a retailer offers an item and then can't deliver on it. It also surprises me that Winchester sales are so good for this model that they are back ordered as well.

Just venting... :evil:
" God is great, beer is good, and people are just frickin crazy!."

tornadochaser
Mergie Marauder

Re: Winchester camo SXP 28" Availability...Not!!

Tue Sep 16, 2014 8:42 am

Cabelas had been notorious for putting items in sale ads lately and then not having any in stock at the store the ad is issued for.

lanyard
Mergie Marauder

Tue Sep 16, 2014 12:31 pm

I'm with Chuck's surprise.... they're selling that many Winchesters!?

I don't wonder if they have tremendous back stock of the non-camo..... demand planning can be a PITA when the consumers only hit on one flavor. Will likely be good deals on non-camo SXP's coming into X-mas :-)

wildwings
Coot Commander

Fri Sep 19, 2014 4:32 pm

Well I walked into Cabelas last week looking for 5 items that they said should be instock after getting to the store they had 1 item of the 5. Needless to say I felt I wasted my time even going when I questioned about the items which 2 were actually cabela brand items I was informed they no longer carry hunting products above 2xl in stock anymore and that I would have to order it. This made me more upset because some products you can order with out trying on but clothing is crazy for sizes. Any how ended up going to scheels where I got what I needed other then the cabela brand products.

Return to “Firearms, Ammo & Gear Discussion”