lanyard
Mergie Marauder

Cabela's Cap Lights~ 3 pack vs. Energizer 1 pack

Mon Oct 27, 2014 11:33 am

Last year picked up a 3 pack of the "night eyes" type cap that clip on the bill. Each had 3 LED, 2 had green, lights; 1 had clear.

Trouble with buying things on intro-nets sometimes.... can't see/feel the thing you're buying.

The clips for the brim of the cap were "living hinge" type that flex at the front.... problem is, they wouldn't flex enough to accommodate the bill of a cap for long. Each one has been "lost' to the heap due to the plastic hinges snapping on one or both sides. I could be accused of rough handling because the breakoffs always happened in the dark, but that would seem the point this type of tool should be trying to function best.

The red/black Energizer, while a couple bucks more on an "each" basis, and heavier, came with a metal clip and the ability to tilt.... far and away a better design. Also takes standard "AA", so when battery change time comes I can fish them out of remotes or whatever is handy :-) Also has three light settings: red, white, brighter white.

I like the cap lights better than the headband style. I prefer not having the sun on my head as it makes seeing the area around me in the dark easier. I liked the green on the Cabela's and they were very light. But in my book, utility over comfort. The heavier Energizer with the red has proven itself the keeper this season.

Browning had a private label one a couple years ago that performed well, was very small and light... I kept losing it. That one was worth the $ also.

Return to “Firearms, Ammo & Gear Discussion”