cstemig
Mergie Marauder

Avian X Snow Goose Dekes

Wed Dec 17, 2014 10:46 am

Anyone seen or tried these yet? If you believe all of the hype about them, they are so realistic that the live birds want to hump them all day long.

At around $250.00 per dozen, they are not badly priced. Just curious how they compare to other full bodies like GHG or FA.
" God is great, beer is good, and people are just frickin crazy!."

Night Hawk
Coot Commander

Re: Avian X Snow Goose Dekes

Wed Dec 17, 2014 11:14 am

Its a sweet decoy no doubt but not sure that the detail of these decoys is needed. A couple observations from the ones I have thus far.

1) 250 is for a 10 pack!!! thats right a 10 pack. Not sure if they are trying to pull a fast one or what but this just seemed odd to me. I can see where they may be trying to price the same as the comps, but 10 vs 12 :?

2) All the shows i ve seen using them show the tail loops that make this decoy the easiest full body snow to get out. Well...thats EXTRA. Loop kits are not standard and will run you 50 cents a bungy.

3) Decent movement in the wind, decoy seems to be a little bit smaller then what the older Avery snows were but in comparison to the new Avery snows.

4) Durability is the winner here. No issues thus far with with the ones we have and they seem to be able to take a punt, toss or karate chop

5) Pain in the butt to find retailers with these decoys. Snowwharehouse has the market cornered if you ask me.

All in all good decoy, just not so sure about some of the ASSUMED ideas that I must have missed in the buying process. Birds still died over them and will die over them.

greatwhitehunter3!
Mergie Marauder

Fri Dec 19, 2014 8:44 am

I'd like to start a full body snow goose spread one of these days. These are what I was looking at. So the bungee you're talking about Night Hawk is the one that keep the decoy on it's base? Because without that I don't see much of an advantage using them personally.
Last edited by greatwhitehunter3! on Fri Dec 19, 2014 2:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Night Hawk
Coot Commander

Fri Dec 19, 2014 9:56 am

GWhunter, the bungy I am referring to is a carrying bungy not a stand bungy. The bungy goes through the tail of the decoys and allows a guy to carry a considerable amount more then others.

Here is a link to the product. http://snowgoosewarehouse.com/avian-x-decoy-loop-kits-100-decoys-p-110.html

If your starting a full-body spread by all means look very hard at these decoys as they really are the front runner for the big spread idea. But for me it comes down to price, and i ll scoop up Dakota, GHG or Foots for the right price.

greatwhitehunter3!
Mergie Marauder

Fri Dec 19, 2014 10:49 am

Okay I got ya; that'd be pretty handy.

Do they come with the stand bungees like the honker decoys do or they all individual stakes? It'd sure be nice to not have to worry about stakes into the ground or having a million ring bases all over the trailer.

Return to “Firearms, Ammo & Gear Discussion”