Swartzy
Mergie Marauder

Best Waterproof waterfowl gloves

Wed Dec 04, 2013 1:12 pm

So I am looking at getting my dad a pair of waterproof gloves for late season duck hunting and was wondering if anyone has any recommendations.

Looking for waterproof and insulated.

I'd like to stay under $50 or $60 too if possible.

gimpfinger
Mergie Marauder

Re: Best Waterproof waterfowl gloves

Wed Dec 04, 2013 1:16 pm

Just about anything with gore tex will be waterproof.
Hate hate hate hate hate hate

emptymag
Mergie Marauder

Wed Dec 04, 2013 2:15 pm

Redhead gore tex gloves from bass pro
"You can't eat ethical." - Ron Spomer

"There's a feeling I get, When I look to the west, And my spirit is crying for leaving" - LED ZEP

Muskrat Hunter
Coot Commander

Wed Dec 04, 2013 2:29 pm

Hard to find a good waterproof glove and a good insulated glove in 1 pair so I carry 2 pairs with me

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

h2ofwlr
The One And Only

Wed Dec 04, 2013 2:44 pm

Some of you younger guys should heed the technology now available to keep your hands dry and warm. When I was a lad there was not really anyhting too good except rubber gloves and a wool insert. Between trapping, hunting, and outdoor work over the years (often bare handed) I developed a bad case of gout (a form of arthritis) in my fingers which I hope none of you ever get (painful as hell at times). So do yourself a big favor, buy warm water proof gloves.
God, help me be the man that my dog thinks that I am.

cstemig
Mergie Marauder

Wed Dec 04, 2013 2:47 pm

I'd recommend Cabela's Dri-Fowl insulated, gauntlet gloves. They are not a decoy glove, but they will keep your hands warm and dry. I believe that they are about $45.00
" God is great, beer is good, and people are just frickin crazy!."

duck_dude
Coot Commander

Wed Dec 04, 2013 7:45 pm

I have a pair of Sitka decoy gloves. Waterproof and insulated, but damn expensive. I've had them for two seasons and they're still waterproof. Another good pair is Browning Dirty Bird waterproof gloves. Not as insulated, but waterproof and comfortable.

Jrp267
Mergie Marauder

Wed Dec 04, 2013 9:34 pm

Ok fowler, I let it slide before but I am calling you out this time. Gout, of which I also suffer, is caused by diet and lack of exercise. A buildup of uric acid which crystallizes in the joints of some people instead of being expelled in sweat ect. Major causes are red meat, dark liquor, and barley drinks. Seafood is also a major cause. But being out in the cold will not impact gout.

h2ofwlr
The One And Only

Wed Dec 04, 2013 11:27 pm

I think I will go by what my DR told me--which I posted above and that my swollen finger joints ache more when out in the cold,
God, help me be the man that my dog thinks that I am.

randywatson
Mergie Marauder

Wed Dec 04, 2013 11:50 pm

h2ofwlr wrote:Some of you younger guys should heed the technology now available to keep your hands dry and warm. When I was a lad there was not really anyhting too good except rubber gloves and a wool insert. Between trapping, hunting, and outdoor work over the years (often bare handed) I developed a bad case of gout (a form of arthritis) in my fingers which I hope none of you ever get (painful as hell at times). So do yourself a big favor, buy warm water proof gloves.

Nice try fowler but gout has little if nothing to do with the activity your hands were put thru. Arthritis yes gout no. Gout is due to high levels of uric acid either you produce too much or your kidneys are unable to excrete it. Obesity doubles your likelyhood of gout. Im just saying. Also id find a new DR. Johnsd16 is an internal med doc he can help ya out.
Women with whiskers.....that's a bummer

Return to “Firearms, Ammo & Gear Discussion”