D.T. Hammer
Mergie Marauder

Re: Best Waterproof waterfowl gloves

Thu Dec 05, 2013 8:40 pm

Best gloves I have ever found. Warm, dry, water proof and I can shoot with them on.

Fowler you really should consider a new doc.
Buckthorn removal is easy with the buckthorn baggie :-)

Take-a-Gander
Mergie Marauder

Thu Dec 05, 2013 10:03 pm

I wear a pair of Under Armor for shooting, not too bad for calling either. Use a poly liner glove in a neoprene for decoys but thinking about getting some of those crabber gloves like they wear on the commercial fishing boats.

StuStiltman
Mergie Marauder

Thu Dec 05, 2013 10:13 pm

Ice armor gloves work well. I always bring lots of extra gloves with. 1 pair of good ones and a bunch of the cheap yellow fleet farm gloves. For shooting try "glittens". Half glove half mittens. You can stick your trigger finger out of them and still have the rest of your hand inside. I haven't found any gloves that work well while calling.

maplelakeduckslayer
Mergie Marauder

Fri Dec 06, 2013 6:13 am

I usually use a hand muff with a lighter fluid hand warmer in it while stationary and hunting...I prefer shooting/calling with no gloves on. These two things have been two of my best purchases ever for waterfowl hunting. Disposable hand warmers don't hold a candle to the lighter fluid one.

Rubberized elbow length gloves for rowing, grabbing decoys, etc or the gore tex cabelas gauntlet gloves.

gimpfinger
Mergie Marauder

Fri Dec 06, 2013 8:35 am

maplelakeduckslayer wrote:I prefer shooting/calling with no gloves on. .

Bought a half glove half hand warmer mitt this fall. It's a left hand glove that has a mitt built into the top of it. Has a place for a air act handwarmer. It was called a callers glove made by whistling wings or someone like that.
Hate hate hate hate hate hate

regulator
I came here for the barrel sticker

Thu Oct 02, 2014 8:19 am

D.T. Hammer wrote:Best gloves I have ever found. Warm, dry, water proof and I can shoot with them on.

Fowler you really should consider a new doc.

Hammer,
I see your response, but you don't state what type of gloves. What kind do you use? Thx.

Return to “Firearms, Ammo & Gear Discussion”