Bullet21XD
Mergie Marauder

Re: Wolf Replacement Recoil Springs for Benellis

Sun Feb 28, 2016 7:06 pm

Dang man, don't cry!

It's most likely just what i've thought...people just do this...and add Sure Cycles mostly because they hear or read on the internets that these guns "need" them.

Yep...you fall into this group.

Also known to be sensitive about it. Can usually be spotted by long explanations for why they need the latest, kewlest gadgets.

Please, tell more.
Dominate The Skies.

Mallard_maniac
Mergie Marauder

Sun Feb 28, 2016 7:28 pm

My apologies... I don't really need to justify why I buy the things I do, especially to the Internet. This, however, was a pretty informative discussion with good feedback and real experience. I thought, having run wolfs myself, and installing about a dozen others and a couple sure cycles on buddies guns I could contribute.... Overall a pretty intelligent discussion..... Enter you.

You've never used one, don't know anyone that has and yet because nobody could possibly have ever shot more birds then you in the harshest of conditions, you know more than the people using them.... Yep you sure have me figured out

look you're happy with your OEM springs, we get it, now go away unless you have real world KSA's with after markets.

Bill Gilbertson
Mergie Marauder

Wed Mar 02, 2016 11:39 pm

I have been happy with the Sure Cycle. My SBE 1 gets a different kind of abuse than most of yours. I often jump shoot from my kayak. The gun gets pretty wet. The original rusted badly. I would spray gun cleaner up in the spring holder and rusty liquid would always pour out. Eventually, I crushed the tube while trying to disassemble it. No rust comes out now when I clean it.

emptymag
Mergie Marauder

Fri Mar 04, 2016 9:39 am

I put a Wolff extra power in a M2 I bought that was in a house fire, just for peace of mind. It gives me issues when it gets cold. I might put the original back in.

Never touched my SBE II spring and it works just fine, except with light trap loads that I bought once by mistake.
"You can't eat ethical." - Ron Spomer

"There's a feeling I get, When I look to the west, And my spirit is crying for leaving" - LED ZEP

Mallard_maniac
Mergie Marauder

Wed Mar 16, 2016 2:29 pm

Bill Gilbertson wrote: The gun gets pretty wet. The original rusted badly. I would spray gun cleaner up in the spring holder and rusty liquid would always pour out.

This!!! When I start to see this I generally replace the spring, mostly as preventative maintenance. Generally when this happens I'll start runnign into cycling issues, specifically during cold weather.

Bill Gilbertson wrote:Eventually, I crushed the tube while trying to disassemble it.

This happened to a buddy, I tried telling him he had to heat up the tube and nut (there's locktite on it) to make dis-assembly easier but didn't and crushed the tube.

Big Doe Hunter
Mergie Marauder

Tue Apr 05, 2016 4:25 pm

I thought "The Waterfowler" was the only person who has shot out an SBE to the point were even replacement springs couldn't fix it.
get-n-birdy wrote:Remember, just because it's not legal doesn't mean you can't do it, there's just a fee if you get caught.

Return to “Firearms, Ammo & Gear Discussion”