greatwhitehunter3!
Mergie Marauder

Final Approach HD goose floaters

Mon Dec 14, 2015 11:41 am

http://www.amazon.com/Final-Approach-St ... B0057H3UYE

Anybody ever hunted over them? Looking to possibly get around 18-24 sometime before next season.

On a side note, look at some of the reviews of people's decoys sinking. Are they really that dumb not to fill the hole first?

lanyard
Mergie Marauder

Re: Final Approach HD goose floaters

Mon Dec 14, 2015 1:17 pm

On sale now at Roger's, if you could get them to toss in free shipping on the 4 case purchase, it could work better: https://www.rogerssportinggoods.com/fin ... -pack.html

I'd be leaving a bad review if my brand new floaters sank as well :-)

greatwhitehunter3!
Mergie Marauder

Tue Dec 15, 2015 9:27 am

I did see them on Rogers but thought I'd post the amazon simply due to the reviews. I looked at some at Gander the other day and every one I looked at had that hole in the back that was about the size of a pencil eraser at best. Some people!

Besides the hole in the back, the only other negative reviews that I have read are about paint on some of them. Couldn't a guy simply spray some type of clear coat on them first? I'd flock the heads and tails as well. Don't hunt water a ton so thought they would be a good option unless I find a good deal on some used ones sometime.

lanyard
Mergie Marauder

Tue Dec 15, 2015 9:34 am

I think you should be getting a better deal if the first thing you HAVE to do is make the product minimally viable to be used for it's intended purpose.

Flocking is an add-on that you can choose to do yourself or purchase.

Floating, in my opinion, should be required.... OR sell me 2 dozen super cheap so that I'm compensated for the time the manufacturer didn't put in.

greatwhitehunter3!
Mergie Marauder

Tue Dec 15, 2015 10:02 am

lanyard wrote:I think you should be getting a better deal if the first thing you HAVE to do is make the product minimally viable to be used for it's intended purpose.

Flocking is an add-on that you can choose to do yourself or purchase.

Floating, in my opinion, should be required.... OR sell me 2 dozen super cheap so that I'm compensated for the time the manufacturer didn't put in.

This is true.

Although the flocking would be a personal preference and the clear coat is just playing it safe. Who knows, I wont be buying any anytime soon so i'll probably find something better or say screw it and not get any floaters at all. Ponds I'd be hunting could use shells and full bodies on the shore anyhow.

Return to “Firearms, Ammo & Gear Discussion”