cstemig
Mergie Marauder

The Costs of Calls ?

Tue Jul 18, 2017 8:39 am

https://www.power-calls.com/

IMO, the cost of most average acrylic duck/goose calls seems to be in the $125.00 - $175.00 range. That seems to be the norm, and as much as we complain, we are used to it.

Now comes a carbon fiber call for $249.00.....who can afford it? That is beyond my budget. Best of luck to Kelly Powers with his sales, but I wonder how many are going to be purchased.

Does carbon fiber do anything special for a call other than reducing weight?
" God is great, beer is good, and people are just frickin crazy!."

big_fish_guy
Coot Commander

Re: The Costs of Calls ?

Tue Jul 18, 2017 10:54 am

Does carbon fiber do anything special for a call other than reducing weight?

NO

Hansen
Mergie Marauder

Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:06 am

Nothing. . . . Nothing at all.

Hansen
Mergie Marauder

Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:06 am

I started with a Haydel DR-85 for $15.00

lanyard
Mergie Marauder

Tue Jul 18, 2017 2:32 pm

Carbon fiber calls sound like the true accessory for any Douche Canoe heading to the blind the fall......

Quack
Mergie Marauder

Tue Jul 18, 2017 10:30 pm

If you can afford everything else that goes with duck hunting, a $250 call is simply a choice.

It's mind blowing to me that four digit shotguns are standard issue for teenagers. Those of us who understand economics and responsibility won't be buying those calls or those guns for our teens, but we are in the minority.

lanyard
Mergie Marauder

Wed Jul 19, 2017 5:50 am

Quack wrote:If you can afford everything else that goes with duck hunting, a $250 call is simply a choice.

It's mind blowing to me that four digit shotguns are standard issue for teenagers. Those of us who understand economics and responsibility won't be buying those calls or those guns for our teens, but we are in the minority.

He!!, I'm not buying them for me.

But I'm a cheap ass :-)

It really sucks to be my kids.

h2ofwlr
The One And Only

Wed Jul 19, 2017 9:32 am

Sucks? Do you how fortunate they are on a world wide perspective? Even from a US perspective?

Now comes a carbon fiber call for $249.00.....who can afford it? That is beyond my budget. Best of luck to Kelly Powers with his sales, but I wonder how many are going to be purchased.

If he is the 1st to offer it, he will sell hundreds of them the 1st year as some guys have to have the newest fanciest thing that comes on the market each year to help prop up their fragile ego and then they brag to others what they have. The question is long term of years 3-10 what will sales be sustainable to offset the material, labor and overhead?
God, help me be the man that my dog thinks that I am.

gimpfinger
Mergie Marauder

Re: RE: Re: The Costs of Calls ?

Thu Jul 27, 2017 7:28 pm

lanyard wrote:[quote="Quack"]If you can afford everything else that goes with duck hunting, a $250 call is simply a choice.

He!!, I'm not buying them for me.

But I'm a cheap ass :-)

It really sucks to be my kids.[/quote]I made my kid buy his own pump gun and even then it took me 2 hours at a gun show to find the best deal before telling him which one he had to buy.

Sent from my SM-S902L using Tapatalk
Hate hate hate hate hate hate

gimpfinger
Mergie Marauder

Re: RE: Re: The Costs of Calls ?

Thu Jul 27, 2017 7:30 pm

h2ofwlr wrote:Sucks? Do you how fortunate they are on a world wide perspective? Even from a US perspective?

If he is the 1st to offer it, he will sell hundreds of them the 1st year as some guys have to have the newest fanciest thing that comes on the market each year to help prop up their fragile ego and then they brag to others what they have. The question is long term of years 3-10 what will sales be sustainable to offset the material, labor and overhead?
To bad haydel has had carbon fiber calls for a couple years now, also have seen at least one other brand in carbon fiber.

Sent from my SM-S902L using Tapatalk
Hate hate hate hate hate hate

Return to “Firearms, Ammo & Gear Discussion”