cstemig
Mergie Marauder

Worst Duck Gun You Ever Had

Fri Aug 09, 2019 1:21 pm

For me, hands down it was a "60's" production Mossberg pump 20-gauge. I was about 12-13 when my dad bought it. I thought that I was on top of the world until I put it to use. Never have had a gun, before or after, that would eject live rounds out of the bottom of the loading gate. Pissed me off every time!! The old man blamed it on me, but I did nothing but try to rack a round from the magazine to the chamber. The gun shot well as a single shot, but never as a repeater. I finally had enough and "lost it." The old man never believed me.

RIP old Mossberg....hope you rust in hell.
" God is great, beer is good, and people are just frickin crazy!."

lanyard
Mergie Marauder

Re: Worst Duck Gun You Ever Had

Fri Aug 09, 2019 2:56 pm

My first one: single shot 20 gauge w/hammer safety.

Quack
Mergie Marauder

Fri Aug 09, 2019 10:20 pm

Ironically it was the Winchester model 12 “heavy duck”

For some reason the 3” model 12s jam a lot, especially on high angle shots.

I knew this before buying it but I knew I wouldn’t lose money on the deal so I bought it to get it out of my system.

Best duck gun I’ve Ever bought was a 16ga Rem model 11. Figured I’d hate it but had to have one just to see. Thing is poisonous to quackers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

browningguy18
Mergie Marauder

Mon Aug 12, 2019 11:53 am

Browning Gold. It worked well for a few years but then it went to hell fast. Pretty much became a single shot much of the time. It was my first gun, and I didn't really know that much about them so I figured I wasn't doing something right in taking care of it. Brought it to multiple gunsmiths and could never get it working. As far as my screen name. I am just to lazy to think of something new.

emptymag
Mergie Marauder

Fri Aug 23, 2019 11:24 am

Benelli Nova when they fist came out. It would jam a lot with 3.5" shells which I thought I had to shoot all the time in my younger years. It also didn't point where you aimed it. Always shot low which I know is standard for a shotgun but more than the standard 6" or so, this was like 18". Maybe it was poor fit. Traded it for Super X2 green head edition....kinda wish I still had that gun.
"You can't eat ethical." - Ron Spomer

"There's a feeling I get, When I look to the west, And my spirit is crying for leaving" - LED ZEP

Jrp267
Mergie Marauder

Sun Dec 08, 2019 9:03 pm

Charles Daly semi auto. I shipped the bolt back to them 3 times in a sandwich bag because it disintegrated. Weak metal all over.

cstemig
Mergie Marauder

Mon Dec 09, 2019 11:00 am

Jrp267 wrote:Charles Daly semi auto. I shipped the bolt back to them 3 times in a sandwich bag because it disintegrated. Weak metal all over.

One of our former alumni, Bender, had one blow up in his face with a light target load. His face looked like a chocolate chip cookie. He was lucky the metal pieces missed his eyes and throat.

Hansen
Mergie Marauder

Mon Jan 06, 2020 8:40 am

Browning Citori satin hunter 3.5" 12 guage, gun sucked.

cstemig
Mergie Marauder

Mon Jan 06, 2020 1:59 pm

A Browning gun suck? That is blasphemy !! Do tell the story behind it.

Quack
Mergie Marauder

Tue Jan 07, 2020 8:49 pm

I’ve had several sucky brownings. Their blueing doesn’t seem very rust resistant compared to a Remington or Beretta.

I bought a Winchester SX2 (which was made by browning and basically the same as a gold hunter) back in the day and the choke tubes wouldn’t thread in, the rib looked like it was soldered on with a bernzomatic, and it didn’t function worth a damn.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Return to “Firearms, Ammo & Gear Discussion”