Gordon
Mergie Marauder

Carlson's Black Cloud Chokes

Tue Nov 26, 2013 8:02 pm

Thought I'd give my "Long Range" Carlson's BC Choke a thumbs up for any of you considering a new extended full choke. Can find it for $40 and really packs a punch. Shot most of my early season wood ducks with 2 3/4" 6 shot (yes, steel) and they were as dead as can be when they hit the water. Really enjoyed using smaller shot sizes with a tighter pattern for more dead on impact shots. Took a few hunts to really dial it in but I won't be switching chokes for a few years.
Craigslist Prostaff

DiverLine
Coot Commander

Re: Carlson's Black Cloud Chokes

Tue Nov 26, 2013 9:36 pm

I have been using a pattermaster black cloud choke on my SBE2 or a few years now and have noticed a huge difference. A lot less cripples. I used to shoot a factory Benelli modified choke, which I still like but I don't think it is as effective as my black cloud choke.

tyler
Mergie Marauder

Wed Nov 27, 2013 1:35 am

tola18 wrote:Thought I'd give my "Long Range" Carlson's BC Choke a thumbs up for any of you considering a new extended full choke. Can find it for $40 and really packs a punch. Shot most of my early season wood ducks with 2 3/4" 6 shot (yes, steel) and they were as dead as can be when they hit the water. Really enjoyed using smaller shot sizes with a tighter pattern for more dead on impact shots. Took a few hunts to really dial it in but I won't be switching chokes for a few years.

I agree, Carlson's makes some nice chokes. For the price you can't beat em.

cstemig
Mergie Marauder

Wed Nov 27, 2013 8:44 pm

I've been using Carlson's Mid-Range tube in my SBE-II, because that is what they recommend for their Snow Goose loads, 1625 fps. Using No. 2 loads has proved to be deadly. Either you completely miss or they are dead in the air.
" God is great, beer is good, and people are just frickin crazy!."

Return to “Firearms, Ammo & Gear Discussion”