h2ofwlr
The One And Only

Shooting scholarship to honor Tom Knapp

Mon Feb 17, 2014 9:18 am

By Brad Dokken, Grand Forks Herald
on Feb 16, 2014 at 12:00 p.m.

Federal Premium and the makers of Champion Traps and Targets have teamed up to create a scholarship in memory of exhibition shooter Tom Knapp, who died last year.

For more than a decade, Knapp represented the two brands around the world at live exhibitions, on television and at countless consumer and trade shows. With the support of his wife, Colleen, Champion extended Knapp’s licensed products program to fund a scholarship that will award $5,000 to one male and one female college-bound student. The two scholarship winners will be chosen from applicants in the Minnesota State High School Clay Target League and will receive their awards at the league championships in June.

One of the fastest growing extracurricular programs in the state, the High School Clay Target League includes several schools in northwest Minnesota, among them East Grand Forks, which will be fielding a team this spring for the first time.

For more information on the scholarship, Federal Premium and Champion Traps and Targets, go to championtarget.com and federalpremium.com.

----

If you know any youth shooting the MSHSCTL, make sure to tell them to apply.
God, help me be the man that my dog thinks that I am.

Return to “Firearms, Ammo & Gear Discussion”