h2ofwlr
The One And Only

Re: So, whats your hunting dog?

Wed Nov 27, 2013 1:05 am

Kind of funny.... looking at Randy's photo of the dressed up pooch's, well I never would have thought that he'd ever do that as kind of thought he was a hard azz hunter, so much for assumptions, he is softy after all... Nuttin wrong with that either. :D
God, help me be the man that my dog thinks that I am.

chevyobsession
Coot Commander

So, whats your hunting dog?

Wed Nov 27, 2013 6:38 am

I got a chocolate lab named coco who is 5 1/2. She is about 90lbs and will break through the thickest cattails with out slowing down. Got her at 4 months old and only paid $150. She was originally $700. Only had her out twice on a lead rope when she was about 6-7 months and threw a bumper with pheasant scent on it for that first summer. She had a problem with running after birds the first half of her first season pheasant hunting but that changed. Now she is a great upland dog that has a hell of a nose. Hoping to get her out after some ducks next year. Took her dove hunting a couple times this year and she need to learn to sit still until the birds drop.[img]http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/11/27/yba6yqab.jpg[/img]
Her she is with my two boys after a good morning dove hunting.

greenheadlover
Coot Commander

Wed Nov 27, 2013 11:01 am

You guys got some good looking dogs, heres my 2 labs, the black one retired this season after 12 yrs but showing whos boss to the new dog in town

photo (7)lick and rust.jpg

Rusty at last yrs "tos" goose/pheasant hunt in Roch.....hey is that Walker in the background?
Attachments
photo 1 (18)rust hunt.jpg

Goldfish
Mergie Marauder

Thu Nov 28, 2013 10:46 am

Here is my Labrador leaver. She has the worst water dog trainer in the world, but likes to run around in fields

Sent from a phancy fone
Attachments
uploadfromtaptalk1385653574358.jpg

randywatson
Mergie Marauder

Thu Nov 28, 2013 10:21 pm

h2ofwlr wrote:Kind of funny.... looking at Randy's photo of the dressed up pooch's, well I never would have thought that he'd ever do that as kind of thought he was a hard azz hunter, so much for assumptions, he is softy after all... Nuttin wrong with that either. :D

I do it mostly because they hate it and the wife bought them. Therefore, i lose. :) no worries Al in pretty bad a$$ in my own mind. I have great powers and use them every day at work. One word-succinylcholine.
Women with whiskers.....that's a bummer

Labguy23
Coot Commander

Sat Nov 30, 2013 8:51 pm

shnelson wrote:Here's my black lab, we picked him up from a shelter almost 4 years ago now at the age of 6-8wks.

Didn't know what to expect, he ended up a little gun shy and too eager to sit in a boat. He's fairly short haired and appears to lack an undercoat so he doesn't get wet when it starts to cool off, but turned out to be an exceptional upland dog. Still trying to figure out what he's mixed with, runs about 120-125lbs.

When I approach obtaining another dog, for hunting, it'll be of proper papers and probably started. Hell, let's make him a silver lab while I'm at it, I think they look cool :)

Looks a little like he may have some Great Dane in him. A friend of mine has a Great Dane that can hunt too.
Conservation:Hunt with a trained retriever.

www.threeriversretrievers.com

Labguy23
Coot Commander

Sat Nov 30, 2013 8:56 pm

We have plenty of labs at our house! Right now I have one main hunting dog. Berkley, he is awesome on ducks/geese and is figuring out pheasants. The rest of our dogs are field trial dogs or are retired.
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (28.8 KiB) Viewed 8676 times

Labguy23
Coot Commander

Sat Nov 30, 2013 8:58 pm

The oldest one and one of our FT trainees.
Attachments
image.jpg

Jrp267
Mergie Marauder

Sun Dec 01, 2013 12:19 pm

Mine is a high strung yellow male. Almost white. I got him from a member of TOS. Good deal and he retrieves. But he is a pain in the ass. I will find a calmer breed for the next one.

Labguy23
Coot Commander

Sun Dec 01, 2013 7:12 pm

You can find calmer labs too. If you want help I can help you. I have labs on both ends of the scale. My higher energy dogs tend to have more drive.

Return to “Gun Dogs”