Nershi
Mergie Marauder

Re: Best Place/Avenue to Find a Decent Black Lab Puppy

Tue Apr 30, 2019 4:49 pm

lanyard wrote: Never smart enough when I was younger to get paid for bopping the baloney.

:lol:

maplelakeduckslayer
Mergie Marauder

Mon May 20, 2019 9:58 pm

Alright...were having good luck and keeping close tabs on him, ran into our first incident looking for advice.

Smoked ribs yesterday reheated some about an hour ago, stepped away from my plate for a min and he hopped up and grabbed one. I can't be 100% sure as I had eaten some already...but I'm pretty sure he got a whole one bone and all, not just a chunk of meat. I tried to run him down and of course that just makes them try to swallow it down faster and it was completely gone by the time I got him.

Anyone have any experience with something similar? Obviously he starts acting weird will be a trip to the emergency vet overnight I guess, but read everything from get him in right away to dogs stomach acid is really strong and he may digest it...which seems unlikely to me but what do I know.

Any input?

maplelakeduckslayer
Mergie Marauder

Mon May 20, 2019 11:13 pm

Well I couldn't help but call the emergency vet worried about my little buddy. They said often times it will take care of itself, recommended giving him another meal soaked in water so it's kinda sticky and surrounds the bone hopefully. Already knew it but they said don't induce vomiting. Said I could bring him in if he starts acting strange or I'm worried...they didn't make it sound like hurry up and rush him there unless he's showing discomfort. So...here's to hoping no emergency vet trip tonight.

Jumping on the table/countertops is something he's really bad at and been trying to discipline him. He's hardheaded spank him he thinks you are playing. Having trouble getting shock collars to actually shock him...don't know if we gotta rachet them down tighter or what

lanyard
Mergie Marauder

Tue May 21, 2019 12:38 am

My dog ate a whole team of cupcakes once, paper cups and all.

She ended up fine, but when that finally "passed" it was pretty nasty.

maplelakeduckslayer
Mergie Marauder

Tue May 21, 2019 5:49 pm

Bit of a sugar rush eh?

He hasn't shown any signs of discomfort yet...there is a chance I pulled the bone out prepping to eat it before he grabbed it and he only got the meat chunk. I dunno he hasn't pooped anything out yet. He got giardia a couple weeks back and has had a problem with loose stool since then so I cant really tell the vet if it's off or not...but he's still eating pooping and playing so as of now he must be feeling ok . Last thing I need now is a vet bill

h2ofwlr
The One And Only

Sun May 26, 2019 9:37 am

Shock collars need to be snug, there should be no side to side movement on the prongs, as it'll created a raw spot from rubbing.

So how did it turn out? I'd think that the stomach acids would do a number on the bone - if not it would throw it up.
Just be grateful its not swallowing rocks.....
God, help me be the man that my dog thinks that I am.

maplelakeduckslayer
Mergie Marauder

Mon May 27, 2019 11:05 am

He's been fine for the most part...so maybe I had taken the bone out before he got it and he just got meat.

Shock collar...think I figured out he doesn't feel the momentary enough...gotta hold the the continuous down for a moment or two and it gets his attention

maplelakeduckslayer
Mergie Marauder

Fri Jun 07, 2019 8:41 pm

GF had to buy him a pool...Jesus Christ
IMG9521151.jpg

lanyard
Mergie Marauder

Sat Jun 08, 2019 5:56 am

Still cheaper than kids.

maplelakeduckslayer