maplelakeduckslayer
Mergie Marauder

Re: Best Place/Avenue to Find a Decent Black Lab Puppy

Tue Feb 02, 2021 10:06 pm

Thanks...not really a ton of that outside fetch when he runs past or something...I dunno.

I was thinking back and this weekend either Saturday or Sunday night he tried jumping into bed and kinda ate shit...slammed his knees into the woods sideboard.

I'm wondering if that has something to do with it at all... whether potentially the knee being sore itself from hitting it or if that's when it tore and that's why he biffed the jump.

I didn't notice anything earlier than today though and we went on our run last night.

Guess we'll see thanks for the input

Quack
Mergie Marauder

Wed Feb 03, 2021 7:21 am

You’re welcome and ultimately it’s worth what ya paid for it. I hope it’s not an ACL.

I’d have the vet look at it since it’s potentially a serious issue and you don’t want to let it get worse

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

maplelakeduckslayer
Mergie Marauder

Wed Feb 03, 2021 7:53 pm

Ya he's going in tomorrow afternoon to get looked at. We've been keeping him leashed so he can't run and zoom all.over...hes sedated too now he gets a little excited at the vet he loves people they requested we give him some so he's not so crazy at the exam lol

He's limping a little bit here and there but not all the time and hasn't all out held his leg up again like yesterday morning

Guess well just have to see what they say

maplelakeduckslayer
Mergie Marauder

Thu Feb 04, 2021 11:58 pm

Well... luckily as of now they just think it's a soft tissue injury. Said they didn't feel anything out of the ordinary...they were a little disappointed we didn't give him more sedative before he went in lol... apparently he wasn't quite as cooperative as they'd like but said he was much better

They said rest him a couple weeks and gradually get back to exercise and see how he reacts. If he starts showing signs again they'd probably zonk him out and do a more thorough examination and x-rays...but they said they really didn't feel anything concerning.

He did seem quite a bit better today and hasn't raised that leg up or sat off to the side since Tuesday

So hopefully just a one off deal.

He's gonna go stir crazy though for 2 weeks

Techs and doc all want to know what we feed him say he's one of the best looking labs they've ever seen as far as coat and muscle composition. So that's good to hear

Quack
Mergie Marauder

Fri Feb 05, 2021 7:17 am

Great to hear, I’m glad it’s not ACL.

I know you don’t want to pour a bunch of money down a hole and you have a busy schedule but if he’s making you nuts in the next couple weeks you can probably google up doggy rehab and find him a swim tank to burn off some energy.

Sometimes owners forget that their quality of life is also important. Haha.

maplelakeduckslayer
Mergie Marauder

Sat Feb 06, 2021 10:43 am

Ya we'll see he's definitely back to normal and going bonkers...evenings are when we go for our runs and play fetch last night he was going insane had to go to the butcher shop and get him a bone to occupy himself

Not gonna push anything too early though we'll keep it rested but he's definitely feeling better lol

Quack
Mergie Marauder

Thu Apr 08, 2021 6:22 am

How’s your dog doing these days?

maplelakeduckslayer
Mergie Marauder

Thu Apr 08, 2021 10:04 pm

He's good thanks!

We sat out about 2 weeks then did short runs for about 10 days then went back to our 3.5 miles since. He hasn't shown any discomfort or anything so guess it was just a one off bruise, sore muscle, etc.

We did get rid of the tall bedframe in case that's what caused the issues when he slammed into it lol

Quack
Mergie Marauder

Fri Apr 09, 2021 7:14 pm

Great!

Return to “Gun Dogs”