Hansen
Mergie Marauder

Re: Steve Cordts Should Be Fired

Wed Aug 06, 2014 9:51 am

From the responses I get from him regarding the teal issue . . . . . There are a bunch of 45-65 year old duck hunter that: A) are vocal B) remember the glory days of duck hunting when you could set up on any point and mop-up a limit C) during those glory days the season was only 3birds and 30 days. D) see these days as only being paper ducks around.

That's my take. I started hunting in the early 80's it seemed like there were more ducks arounde during the 3/30 seasons. When was the last time we had anything other than 6/60?

Now the otherside is you can't stock pile ducks. Cordts serves his clients aka duck hunters, he should allow us to kill as much as possible while protected the resource. He is trying to strike a balance, he just seem conservative with it.

h2ofwlr
The One And Only

Wed Aug 06, 2014 11:18 am

Fish Felon wrote: The only reason he is asking for input is because he's a coward and that way when he runs into a hunter who doesn't like a decision he made he can go,

The old DNR used to make decisions and then citizens would get all pizzed off because they hac no imput. So in the last 10 years I have seen a dramatic turn in their obtaining info and doing surveys from us here in MN. Basically it is the new policy of the DNR.

Hansen wrote:From the responses I get from him regarding the teal issue . . . . . There are a bunch of 45-65 year old duck hunter that: A) are vocal B) remember the glory days of duck hunting when you could set up on any point and mop-up a limit C) during those glory days the season was only 3birds and 30 days. D) see these days as only being paper ducks around.

That's my take. I started hunting in the early 80's it seemed like there were more ducks arounde during the 3/30 seasons. When was the last time we had anything other than 6/60?

Now the otherside is you can't stock pile ducks. Cordts serves his clients aka duck hunters, he should allow us to kill as much as possible while protected the resource. He is trying to strike a balance, he just seem conservative with it.

No arguement about A & B. C is more like the 60's and 70s not the late 80s. The reason we saw more ducks in Mn in the late 80s is that 99.5% of all the wetlands were dry in ND, and we had lakes that still had water in them. As for D, some of the older guys do not believe in the current way the USFWS uses "compensitory" , VS the old way in what the "take" can be,. Look at the Waterfowl Symposium video on the BWT and he showed the old system VS the new system what the figures would be. There is a big difference.. And it the reason why we are getting these 6/60 seasons these last 10+ years.
God, help me be the man that my dog thinks that I am.

firstflight111
No longer welcome here.

Wed Aug 06, 2014 11:39 am

Bullet21XD wrote:Word.

The guy is an idiot. His actions, or lack of, on this issue proves he is no friend to the MN duck hunter.

With His higher intelligence he knows you guys need more then one mistake duck .because you're from Minnesota why else .

CUPPEDANDCOMMITED

Trigger
Mergie Marauder

Wed Aug 06, 2014 1:41 pm

firstflight111 wrote:
Bullet21XD wrote:Word.

The guy is an idiot. His actions, or lack of, on this issue proves he is no friend to the MN duck hunter.

With His higher intelligence he knows you guys need more then one mistake duck .because you're from Minnesota why else .

CUPPEDANDCOMMITED

Good effort. Better luck next time.
"When we have as many hot button issues going on as we do at any given time, we must use a science based approach to management. It is not always the most popular, but is the only way way we can defend ourselves." Tom Landwehr, September 2013

Stute Slap
Mergie Marauder

Wed Aug 06, 2014 1:41 pm

Fish Felon wrote:
Hansen wrote:Email him.

Fouler, I probably wouldn't swear at him but I might. Obviously this is the internet so there's some theater involved. As far as my penis, I'm not real long but I'm real skinny. I can't believe I got called out on my small penis by a guy who the last time he had pussy, pussy had him. I'm going to take some emails from other guys with small penises and see what they would do and then get back to you......

snap

Bullet21XD
Mergie Marauder

Wed Aug 06, 2014 3:12 pm

h2ofwlr wrote: And he is correct in that is it really any benefit to have 2 bonus teal? Most BWTeal will be south of MN by then and the average hunter shoots like 1.3 ducks per outing. So in reality hving an extra 2 Teal the 1st 2 weeks of the season for the majority of the hunters there is no benefit. Sure a small minority will find a pocket loaded with Teal and could shoot 8, but for the rank and file duck hunters this will not happen.

Dude, WTF world do you live in???

Blue-wings are everywhere in the state for the first couple weeks of the season.

Quit pretending you know anything about duck hunting!
Dominate The Skies.

Fish Felon
Mergie Marauder

Wed Aug 06, 2014 4:47 pm

Bullet21XD wrote:
h2ofwlr wrote: And he is correct in that is it really any benefit to have 2 bonus teal? Most BWTeal will be south of MN by then and the average hunter shoots like 1.3 ducks per outing. So in reality hving an extra 2 Teal the 1st 2 weeks of the season for the majority of the hunters there is no benefit. Sure a small minority will find a pocket loaded with Teal and could shoot 8, but for the rank and file duck hunters this will not happen.

Dude, WTF world do you live in???

Blue-wings are everywhere in the state for the first couple weeks of the season.

Quit pretending you know anything about duck hunting!

He lives in a world where he doesn't understand the proposed bonus yet he weighs in on it.

Shocker.

Fouler, you don't have to shoot a limit of teal to be allowed the 2 bonus teal. You could shoot 3 mallards, 3 wood ducks, and two teal...or 4 mallards and 4 teal, or 3 woodies and 5 teal or any legal limit of 6 ducks and 2 teal. Hell, if you shoot 2 teal first you have your regular 6 duck limit ahead of you with no restrictions.

Do you understand? This isn't that complicated.
Hate Speech is Free Speech
"Ogaa-Gichi-Manidoo"

lanyard
Mergie Marauder

Wed Aug 06, 2014 6:04 pm

I'm more surprised Landwehr isn't out front on this.

Not only do the "50+" crowd have the glory days behind them, they have the seats on the boards, MWA, DU, Nature Conservancy, LCMR, etc.

I can't say directly about it in conservation circles, but in my business dealings there isn't a sorrier bunch of affected egos that can't get over the fact that their "revolutions" have been crushed by technology and they are aging towards obsolescence. They think 30 years in the same job is 30 years experience, rather than 1 year of experience 30 times, and think by doing the same thing they've done for 30 years will have the same affect it did 30 years ago.

Trigger
Mergie Marauder

Wed Aug 06, 2014 6:19 pm

lanyard wrote:I'm more surprised Landwehr isn't out front on this.

Not only do the "50+" crowd have the glory days behind them, they have the seats on the boards, MWA, DU, Nature Conservancy, LCMR, etc.

I can't say directly about it in conservation circles, but in my business dealings there isn't a sorrier bunch of affected egos that can't get over the fact that their "revolutions" have been crushed by technology and they are aging towards obsolescence. They think 30 years in the same job is 30 years experience, rather than 1 year of experience 30 times, and think by doing the same thing they've done for 30 years will have the same affect it did 30 years ago.

That is EXACTLY how I picture an MWA board meeting.
"When we have as many hot button issues going on as we do at any given time, we must use a science based approach to management. It is not always the most popular, but is the only way way we can defend ourselves." Tom Landwehr, September 2013

Perch_44
Mergie Marauder

Wed Aug 06, 2014 7:53 pm

i agree with the decisions made. It just makes sense...

Return to “MNFOWL's Misguided Children”