Dirty Bird
I'll Swat Your Decoys

Re: Steve Cordts Should Be Fired

Thu Aug 07, 2014 9:51 pm

Will firing Steve Cordts(for an un-fireable reason) bring more opportunity of future harvest for BWT? Teal taste great and are a riot to shoot on the wing, or the water for most of you B At Ching. Next year maybe your wish will come true. Public input/B At Ching may bring some action about and you all can shoot 8 BWT on opening morning. Do I understand this correctly, its not in fact an early season but a increase in daily limit...? #GETNOVRIT

gimpfinger
Mergie Marauder

Thu Aug 07, 2014 10:16 pm

When did this become Twitter?

your mom...
Hate hate hate hate hate hate

Fish Felon
Mergie Marauder

Fri Aug 08, 2014 11:25 pm

Dirty Bird wrote:Will firing Steve Cordts(for an un-fireable reason) bring more opportunity of future harvest for BWT?

Yes.

Let's just hope the offer will be on the table next year for the new guy to not screw up. No guarantee on that. If I were the USFWS I'd tell MN to pound sand at this point. We are the only state to consistently protest their management---which for all intensive purposes is exactly what our state has done.

They offered a 6 duck limit, every state except us has always taken the full limit except when we opted for 4 ducks.

They offered 3 wood ducks and every state took it except us.

They offered a teal season and every state took it except us.

The list goes on and on...

Every time we do that it is raising a giant middle finger at the USFWS and telling them they don't know how to do their job. If I were them I'd try to crush MN like a bug...find some loophole and make us have a 10 day season with a 2 duck limit...

"hey, you guys wanted us to be more conservative right?"

Dirty Bird wrote:Teal taste great and are a riot to shoot on the wing, or the water for most of you B At Ching. Next year maybe your wish will come true. Public input/B At Ching may bring some action about and you all can shoot 8 BWT on opening morning. Do I understand this correctly, its not in fact an early season but a increase in daily limit...? #GETNOVRIT

Nope, you do not understand this correctly.

We were offered a teal season. An entirely separate season earlier than our normal season where we could shoot 6 teal a day and those extra days wouldn't count against our regular season days.

We turned it down after making demands of having a mistake duck...even though no else has this or demanded it.

Then they came back and offered us a two teal bonus...

We turned that down too.

We are so noble. Thank god we are better than every other state in this country and can stand up for what's right by shooting less ducks.
Hate Speech is Free Speech
"Ogaa-Gichi-Manidoo"

Trigger
Mergie Marauder

Fri Aug 08, 2014 11:37 pm

Fish Felon wrote:and can stand up for what's right by shooting less ducks.

And thank god for that! We are a production state!!! Without us, we would have 1% fewer ducks in next years fall flight. We are a big deal! Some dbag writer for a fish wrap company told me so!
"When we have as many hot button issues going on as we do at any given time, we must use a science based approach to management. It is not always the most popular, but is the only way way we can defend ourselves." Tom Landwehr, September 2013

get-n-birdy
Mergie Marauder

Sat Aug 09, 2014 7:22 am

Trigger wrote:
Fish Felon wrote:and can stand up for what's right by shooting less ducks.

And thank god for that! We are a production state!!! Without us, we would have 1% fewer ducks in next years fall flight. We are a big deal! Some dbag writer for a fish wrap company told me so!

And he bad mouthed Tom Landwehr for all the changes being made to the waterfowl reg's and the liberalized nature we were heading towards. Then took full advantage of it while camping on a WPA and had one of his best openers ever.
DENNIS ANDERSON, Then, about five years ago, in 2020, there were no more ducks in the state,

get-n-birdy
Mergie Marauder

Sat Aug 09, 2014 7:35 am

Fish Felon wrote:They offered a 6 duck limit, every state except us has always taken the full limit except when we opted for 4 ducks.

They offered 3 wood ducks and every state took it except us.

They offered a teal season and every state took it except us.

The list goes on and on...

We are so noble. Thank god we are better than every other state in this country and can stand up for what's right by shooting less ducks.

The funny thing is we've caved on and;

Took the 6 bird limit after realizing it was ignorant not to.

Took advantage of the 3 wood duck limit after thinking it over.

Got rid of the noon, then the 9 and took the 1/2 before sunrise.

Took advantage of the earliest date we could for opening day.

We were headed in the right direction affording more opportunity, and to trump tradition. I was actual proud of the direction we've been headed the last few years. Where is any of the science to the direction they keep taking, then bucking after a year? MN hunters loose out on a year of opportunity and for what? To consistently error on the side of caution for no other reason than to wait for public opinion? Ignorant to let opportunities slip away from the general public and the DNR wonders why it's sportsman don't trust them. Combine this with a terribly mis managed deer herd and it is pretty clear to see why so many have a major distrust of the current and former leadership, with little hope for any future results to be any different than past results.
DENNIS ANDERSON, Then, about five years ago, in 2020, there were no more ducks in the state,

emptymag
Mergie Marauder

Thu Sep 03, 2020 8:06 am

DAFD1944-0EE7-44DC-BBA0-31961EAE9476.jpeg

So long teal!

Thanks Steve!
"You can't eat ethical." - Ron Spomer

"There's a feeling I get, When I look to the west, And my spirit is crying for leaving" - LED ZEP

emptymag
Mergie Marauder

Thu Sep 03, 2020 8:11 am

"There's a feeling I get, When I look to the west, And my spirit is crying for leaving" - LED ZEP

Drunk_Dynasty
Mergie Marauder

Thu Sep 03, 2020 11:00 am

Unpopular opinion here, but I won’t ever be in favor of a teal season, only possibly if they get rid of youth opener, which has no business being a full weekend as far as I’m concerned.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

emptymag
Mergie Marauder

Thu Sep 03, 2020 11:46 am

4CAE5ABB-840D-4A1E-A0FC-8446C6193BE1.png

Return to “MNFOWL's Misguided Children”