Forum rules
NOTICE! These forums are intended for CIVIL discussion around waterfowl hunting. If you've got an axe to grind or rant to make, do it in the MNFOWL's Misguided Children forum.
greatwhitehunter3!
Mergie Marauder

What's it going to be?

Thu Sep 04, 2014 7:57 am

Let's hear it.

What type of landscape will you be hunting for goose opener? Silage, small grain, sweet corn, water, pasture and etc.,.

Scouted last night and got the "someone literally just got permission" line for 2 different wheat fields. Looks like it might be a last resort pasture for me depending on next two nights scouting.

HnkrCrash
Mergie Marauder

Re: What's it going to be?

Thu Sep 04, 2014 8:31 am

Silage, wheat, pastures? What are you talking about? According to several people here no such thing exists and the only option is to hunt water and F up roosts.
"The less I know about other people's affairs, the happier I am. I'm not interested in caring about people."
- Ron Swanson

gimpfinger
Mergie Marauder

Thu Sep 04, 2014 8:46 am

Just for that I'll skip the fields and go only to f up roosts.

your mom...
Hate hate hate hate hate hate

cstemig
Mergie Marauder

Thu Sep 04, 2014 9:46 am

Not sure yet....there is a nearby partially cut sweet corn field and a water loafing area. I'm going to check them out tomorrow and see. Not much flying the past couple of days.
" God is great, beer is good, and people are just frickin crazy!."

Nershi
Mergie Marauder

Thu Sep 04, 2014 9:51 am

I highly doubt I will hunt but if I do it will be a roost. Hopefully the field the birds are using doesn't get busted.

9manfan
Mergie Marauder

Thu Sep 04, 2014 11:58 am

working in the morning and a wedding in the afternoon.....
This crowd has gone deadly silent... Cinderella story, out of nowhere, former greenskeeper, now, about to become the Masters Championship. It looks like a mirac- It's in the hole! It's in the hole!~ Carl Spackler

Trigger
Mergie Marauder

Thu Sep 04, 2014 12:08 pm

HnkrCrash wrote:Silage, wheat, pastures? What are you talking about? According to several people here no such thing exists and the only option is to hunt water and F up roosts.

Why on earth would a field guy hunt birds that are roosting on a pond that can get f'ed with? Sounds like he is just begging to have the roost busted.
"When we have as many hot button issues going on as we do at any given time, we must use a science based approach to management. It is not always the most popular, but is the only way way we can defend ourselves." Tom Landwehr, September 2013

tyler
Mergie Marauder

Thu Sep 04, 2014 1:07 pm

wheat if I'm not fishing

soolong
Coot Commander

Thu Sep 04, 2014 2:19 pm

Harvested oat field. Been 40 to 100 white cheeks in it daily. The field is full of crows, pigeons and two sandhill cranes. Sandhill Cranes have been more common down here in the south the last 3 years. Well any way I hope the geese are still there come Saturday because i have not found one other field that has been harvested. The farmer says silage is next but he is still a week to two weeks out on that. I am afraid the lakes will be filled with hunters. Funny thing as I am typing there are 30 some geese standing out the front door of my work taunting me in the security of city limits............ they have been here all spring and summer. Cant wait until the corn field across the street is picked because it is out of city limits and yes I have permission to hunt it. LOL :)
I like most things with white cheeks.

lanyard
Mergie Marauder

Thu Sep 04, 2014 2:42 pm

This weekend will likely be pass shooting or loafing water.

Return to “Waterfowl Hunting”