gimpfinger
Mergie Marauder

Re: The weather

Wed Dec 04, 2013 10:33 am

I must of missed something because on the radio they were saying yellow med, renville and redwood counties can get up to 9" in some places. They were talking an inch or two last night. Schools are already letting out around the area. Good thing I dug out my whites last week.
Hate hate hate hate hate hate

maplelakeduckslayer
Mergie Marauder

Wed Dec 04, 2013 10:44 am

greatwhitehunter3! wrote:I got all that done Monday night as well. Contemplating whether I should be getting a blade for my wheeler or a snow blower.

Snow blower is one more thing to get ready and maintain every year. If you have a heavier wheeler a blade works awesome. I have a Sportsman 800, wheeler is 740 lbs dry, plus liquids, blade, and me its like a 1000 lb tank. I don't have chains on mine and it pushes like nobodys business. I have a small front yard so I need to make a ramp and pile it up, one year I had a pile over 6' high. It really works good and the blade comes off in literally 5 seconds. I pull the whole mount off in Summer(mudding and trail riding) and that takes like 10 min. If you get 12-16 inches of the super super heavy wet stuff, it is a bit more work but still gets it done. A snowblower will clog up in that stuff.

greatwhitehunter3!
Mergie Marauder

Wed Dec 04, 2013 10:47 am

maplelakeduckslayer wrote:
greatwhitehunter3! wrote:I got all that done Monday night as well. Contemplating whether I should be getting a blade for my wheeler or a snow blower.

Snow blower is one more thing to get ready and maintain every year. If you have a heavier wheeler a blade works awesome. I have a Sportsman 800, wheeler is 740 lbs dry, plus liquids, blade, and me its like a 1000 lb tank. I don't have chains on mine and it pushes like nobodys business. I have a small front yard so I need to make a ramp and pile it up, one year I had a pile over 6' high. It really works good and the blade comes off in literally 5 seconds. I pull the whole mount off in Summer(mudding and trail riding) and that takes like 10 min. If you get 12-16 inches of the super super heavy wet stuff, it is a bit more work but still gets it done. A snowblower will clog up in that stuff.

Right now I have a Sportsman 500 but I'm not terribly worried about it being able to handle it. I would need to get chains too. Another reason I was leaning towards the blade is for ice fishing.

What blade do you have? And what size winch?

Nershi
Mergie Marauder

Wed Dec 04, 2013 10:57 am

I picked up the boat last night after getting it winterized. I almost got into a bad situation in Duluth trying to get to my house. Couldn't make it up the hill and started sliding backwards down the hill with the boat jackknifing. I was able to save it from turning bad. Pulled it into the pole building through close to a foot of snow. It wouldn't have been doable tonight with a foot on the ground and another foot plus on the way. Talk about last minute.

maplelakeduckslayer
Mergie Marauder

Wed Dec 04, 2013 10:59 am

Honestly don't remember I bought everything 3 years ago. Like an idiot I went Polaris everything cause I was busy and didn't have time to deal with it and it seemed like a good deal. I got the wheeler, front mount plow, and winch plus installation for $6800. I think its the 60" blade and a 3500 lb winch.

maplelakeduckslayer
Mergie Marauder

Wed Dec 04, 2013 11:09 am

gimpfinger wrote:I must of missed something because on the radio they were saying yellow med, renville and redwood counties can get up to 9" in some places. They were talking an inch or two last night. Schools are already letting out around the area. Good thing I dug out my whites last week.

Don't think they really know whats going on with this storm...they were saying 4-8 this morning in Albertville where I live, now it says 7-11

greatwhitehunter3!
Mergie Marauder

Wed Dec 04, 2013 11:21 am

maplelakeduckslayer wrote:Honestly don't remember I bought everything 3 years ago. Like an idiot I went Polaris everything cause I was busy and didn't have time to deal with it and it seemed like a good deal. I got the wheeler, front mount plow, and winch plus installation for $6800. I think its the 60" blade and a 3500 lb winch.

Alright i'll just have to do some digging around on the net. I know you can find good deals on craigslist all the time. I have a winch but it's not mounted right now and not sure it'll be enough anyways.

h2ofwlr
The One And Only

Wed Dec 04, 2013 11:23 am

Speaking of last minute, I need to fix the broken wire which I've know about for 2 months in the plow electrical and get the blade on the truck...

But I have not been slouching either! I've worked into the evening Sunday and Monday prepping the yard and insulating around the garage. Did the final mulch of leaves sunday night.

But I needed another day to deal with the wood pile sitting in my driveway. I wish the warm weather had continued through this weekend so I could finish1 day of work on the job at work, the woodpile and bury a gas line.
God, help me be the man that my dog thinks that I am.

Nershi
Mergie Marauder

Wed Dec 04, 2013 1:05 pm

I just spoke with one of my clients. He was about to push off in to Lake Superior to go surfing. There are 12 + foot waves and it's a white out blizzard right now. And here I thought duck hunters were nuts.

dwendt
Mergie Marauder

Thu Dec 05, 2013 10:29 am

I'm a little behind winter prep my plow tractor needs a new starter. Looks like my truck just turned into a plow for the winter

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Return to “MNFOWL's Misguided Children”