lanyard
Mergie Marauder

Re: Foiles

Mon Dec 01, 2014 3:20 pm

It's an entirely different set of DB characteristics:

In Robertson's case, he's just a lying philanderer people choose to believe.

For Foiles, it was go with what your good at: and he became a Top Notch Doucehbag. He was way better at it than Robinson.

I know, not hunting on Sundays because it's the Lord's day.... ack ack a gack gack. Robertson at least figured out how to develop a persona that sold and had staying power. It's the ability of the understated. Foiles was screwed, he couldn't "one up" himself any more.... so it came down to "parking" geese.

I don't disagree, there is always something happening breaking the law: whether it is an unplugged shotgun or unsigned license to transporting birds with no wing or head... but there is a huge difference between breaking the law and a systemic effort to aggrandize oneself at the expense of it.

JFC~ big words on this site now.

Stute Slap
Mergie Marauder

Mon Dec 01, 2014 6:15 pm

I have to disagree only that both Phil and Jeff are completely equal although different in their levels of DB'ness.

Both truly believe they are bad ass killers because they kill birds..... like in their minds they are on the same playing field as Seal Team 6. Both super successful people, Phil obviously winning that battle however. Both total, and complete DB's.

Oh and let's not forget their loyal followers. I guess the real issue is their disciples. Jeff has a bunch of kids painting their faces and not smiling for pictures on facebook and Phil has the worst of the worst Walmart shoppers rocking his merch and growing beards con camo. Both are not the type of people I want to split a can of diet dew with in the weeds.

Just last weekend I saw a guy with a headband, camo clothing, and sunglasses inside Walmart. WTF - how can he not know that shit jumped the shark? Listen, I get it - I still have a bright yellow Columbia jacket in my closet that I haven't been able to wear since 1998.

Bullet21XD
Mergie Marauder

Mon Dec 01, 2014 6:25 pm

Fish Felon wrote:1. Never be in transit with illegal game.
2. Never poach where you could be easily watched.
3. Never poach with guys you don't know very well.
4. Never poach in an unfamiliar area.
5. Never brag about poaching.

There are finer points to each rule but those pretty much cover most forms of poaching safely. As with all rules, there are exceptions.

It's not a rule but if you do get busted accept that you rolled the dice and lost and that it's no one's fault but yours. Don't cry like a little girl like Foiles did.

Every one i've converted...I just ask them this. How much would you pay for a license to kill as many ducks as you want? If someone loses a gun and pays a small fine every few years, it's worth it.

Add another rule to the TOP of the list...get rid of any/all game ASAP!! Don't even keep a limit. Come out of the field with some birds, but make your first stop at your favorite ditch/garbage can/etc.
Dominate The Skies.

Quack
Mergie Marauder

Mon Dec 01, 2014 8:04 pm

Stute Slap wrote: Phil Robertson was a notorious poacher but apparently since he made a cheezy TV show and some cheap duck calls it's all good.

Or that he repented, and has stopped doing other dooshy things.

You may not like Christianity, but a lot of folks can relate to a good redemption story.

tornadochaser
Mergie Marauder

Mon Dec 01, 2014 10:07 pm

Just goes to show...don't get busted poaching turkeys unless you can feed the feds a bigger poacher.

Stute Slap
Mergie Marauder

Tue Dec 02, 2014 9:28 am

Bullet21XD wrote:
Fish Felon wrote:1. Never be in transit with illegal game.
2. Never poach where you could be easily watched.
3. Never poach with guys you don't know very well.
4. Never poach in an unfamiliar area.
5. Never brag about poaching.

There are finer points to each rule but those pretty much cover most forms of poaching safely. As with all rules, there are exceptions.

It's not a rule but if you do get busted accept that you rolled the dice and lost and that it's no one's fault but yours. Don't cry like a little girl like Foiles did.

Every one i've converted...I just ask them this. How much would you pay for a license to kill as many ducks as you want? If someone loses a gun and pays a small fine every few years, it's worth it.

Add another rule to the TOP of the list...get rid of any/all game ASAP!! Don't even keep a limit. Come out of the field with some birds, but make your first stop at your favorite ditch/garbage can/etc.

truth

get-n-birdy
Mergie Marauder

Tue Dec 02, 2014 4:26 pm

There should be a level of measurement for douche baggery.

Is Follies a 10 and Phil a 7?

Personally they kind of bore me. If they want to make a really entertaining show, create one with tips on poaching and actual video clips. Have anonymous participants, who's voices are changed and their eyes are blurred out. With chase scenes, booze, drugs, closing down bars, strippers, real hillbillies, sirens, parked geese with bands, ditch dumping, record skewing tips, ways to get away with baiting, how to unplug and replug guns in the field, how to put lead in shot and not get caught by mr green jeans, how to bribe co's, etc.
DENNIS ANDERSON, Then, about five years ago, in 2020, there were no more ducks in the state,

maplelakeduckslayer
Mergie Marauder

Tue Dec 02, 2014 4:29 pm

How much do you suppose you have to throw in front of a CO to get let off and not have him charge you with bribery?

Bullet21XD
Mergie Marauder

Tue Dec 02, 2014 4:41 pm

get-n-birdy wrote:There should be a level of measurement for douche baggery.

Personally they kind of bore me. If they want to make a really entertaining show, create one with tips on poaching and actual video clips. Have anonymous participants, who's voices are changed and their eyes are blurred out. With chase scenes, booze, drugs, closing down bars, strippers, real hillbillies, sirens, parked geese with bands, ditch dumping, record skewing tips, ways to get away with baiting, how to unplug and replug guns in the field, how to put lead in shot and not get caught by mr green jeans, how to bribe co's, etc.

We could probably even get away with distilling water out in the middle of the woods as well.
Dominate The Skies.

lanyard
Mergie Marauder

Tue Dec 02, 2014 5:11 pm

Bullet21XD wrote:
get-n-birdy wrote:There should be a level of measurement for douche baggery.

We could probably even get away with distilling water out in the middle of the woods as well.

And use really bright lights at night for the cameras, but whisper, so no one will know we're there.....

Return to “MNFOWL's Misguided Children”