Goldfish
Mergie Marauder

Re: Duck Stamp Price Going Up

Thu Dec 04, 2014 11:51 am

With the easement, farmers can now enroll that in the WIA and get paid again, could they not?

Quack
Mergie Marauder

Thu Dec 04, 2014 11:53 am

The biggest thing you need to understand presently is that big ag will only tolerate a certain amount land in public ownership and we are basically there.

CRP is only for land that is temporarily coming out of crop production. There is no double dipping for crp & permanent easements.

Stute Slap
Mergie Marauder

Thu Dec 04, 2014 12:12 pm

Quack wrote:The biggest thing you need to understand presently is that big ag will only tolerate a certain amount land in public ownership and we are basically there.

CRP is only for land that is temporarily coming out of crop production. There is no double dipping for crp & permanent easements.

Do you work in government or where do you get your information?

Big Doe Hunter
Mergie Marauder

Thu Dec 04, 2014 1:34 pm

Quack wrote:CRP is only for land that is temporarily coming out of crop production. There is no double dipping for crp & permanent easements.

Maybe not CRP, but I know people in North Dakota that have land in the WRP Program (30 year easement) with the feds, that also enrolled it in the PLOTS program for the same amount of time for 20% of the WRP payment. IMO this a good thing.
get-n-birdy wrote:Remember, just because it's not legal doesn't mean you can't do it, there's just a fee if you get caught.

Quack
Mergie Marauder

Thu Dec 04, 2014 2:44 pm

I agree it's a good thing but it doesn't involve permanent easements or duck stamps. This thread is about the duck stamp increase being allocated only to easements

Quack
Mergie Marauder

Thu Dec 04, 2014 2:47 pm

Stute Slap wrote:
Quack wrote:The biggest thing you need to understand presently is that big ag will only tolerate a certain amount land in public ownership and we are basically there.

I used to work with farmers, ranchers and conservation programs.

Why do you care? One doesn't have to be a govt worker to know this stuff. Any involved volunteer on a delta or pf committee knows the same stuff. I'm a bird nerd, I don't follow sports or watch tv.

Stute Slap
Mergie Marauder

Thu Dec 04, 2014 4:00 pm

Quack wrote:
Stute Slap wrote:

I used to work with farmers, ranchers and conservation programs.

Why do you care? One doesn't have to be a govt worker to know this stuff. Any involved volunteer on a delta or pf committee knows the same stuff. I'm a bird nerd, I don't follow sports or watch tv.

That's cool, take it easy.

Just wondering if are for real or just blowing smoke. Some things you say make a lot of sense but some stuff is way out in left field. For instance saying the amount of public land is solely based on how much Big Ag tolerates is obviously tin foil hat type stuff. Saying things like that makes your other statements less credible as well....just saying.

Quack
Mergie Marauder

Thu Dec 04, 2014 4:15 pm

Are you familiar with north Dakotas "anti corporate farming" law that makes it virtually impossible for farmers to sell land to conservation groups?

How about "no net loss of private lands" policies enacted by some counties?

Sodak has a new-ish "no new public lands" policy.

That's the influence of big ag.

tornadochaser
Mergie Marauder

Thu Dec 04, 2014 5:04 pm

Quack wrote:
Sodak has a new-ish "no new public lands" policy.

That has been lifted.

Bailey
Mergie Marauder

Mon Dec 08, 2014 3:04 pm

So the new money will only be used to purchase private land easements I read? None of this will be used to purchase public hunting land? Is this really correct?

Return to “MNFOWL's Misguided Children”