Forum rules
NOTICE! These forums are intended for CIVIL discussion around waterfowl hunting. If you've got an axe to grind or rant to make, do it in the MNFOWL's Misguided Children forum.
Bullet21XD
Mergie Marauder

Re: Anyone Hunting Further South?

Thu Dec 04, 2014 7:04 pm

Wondering the same thing.
Dominate The Skies.

tornadochaser
Mergie Marauder

Fri Dec 05, 2014 3:57 pm

Bullet21XD wrote:Wondering the same thing.

You'd love trolling his Facebook page. He's the self proclaimed most bad ass snow goose hunter on the planet. Runs 2 or 3 permanent 10,000 decoy snow spreads. Has a groupie following that rivals foiles. Then comes to SD bragging about how he'll stack em up like cord wood and shot 20 birds in a week.
https://m.facebook.com/profile.php?id=3 ... 1730797710

greatwhitehunter3!
Mergie Marauder

Fri Dec 05, 2014 4:25 pm

tornadochaser wrote:
Bullet21XD wrote:Wondering the same thing.

You'd love trolling his Facebook page. He's the self proclaimed most bad ass snow goose hunter on the planet. Runs 2 or 3 permanent 10,000 decoy snow spreads. Has a groupie following that rivals foiles. Then comes to SD bragging about how he'll stack em up like cord wood and shot 20 birds in a week.
https://m.facebook.com/profile.php?id=3 ... 1730797710

Had to go like his page. Awful lot of decoy shots and not too many dead birds from what I can see.

Trigger
Mergie Marauder

Fri Dec 05, 2014 5:13 pm

Oh is that the Snowfox? He does have one of the funniest video clips I've ever seen though somewhere on his page.
"When we have as many hot button issues going on as we do at any given time, we must use a science based approach to management. It is not always the most popular, but is the only way way we can defend ourselves." Tom Landwehr, September 2013

HnkrCrash
Mergie Marauder

Fri Dec 05, 2014 9:36 pm

That dude and who I am guessing is his spawn look like the type guys who would take their shirts off before a bar fight.

I doubt their is any other guide service in the country whose clients have killed close to 7k sobs in the last 2 years though, gotta respect that.
"The less I know about other people's affairs, the happier I am. I'm not interested in caring about people."
- Ron Swanson

Trigger
Mergie Marauder

Sat Dec 06, 2014 1:27 am

HnkrCrash wrote:That dude and who I am guessing is his spawn look like the type guys who would take their shirts off before a bar fight.

I doubt their is any other guide service in the country whose clients have killed close to 7k sobs in the last 2 years though, gotta respect that.

Inheriting a good spot on accident and buying a bunch of decoys isn't really a skill to respect. Impressive for sure.
"When we have as many hot button issues going on as we do at any given time, we must use a science based approach to management. It is not always the most popular, but is the only way way we can defend ourselves." Tom Landwehr, September 2013

Bailey
Mergie Marauder

Sat Dec 06, 2014 2:14 pm

Trigger wrote:
HnkrCrash wrote:That dude and who I am guessing is his spawn look like the type guys who would take their shirts off before a bar fight.

Inheriting a good spot on accident and buying a bunch of decoys isn't really a skill to respect. Impressive for sure.

Agreed plus they probably hunt about 15 guys at once. No thanks.

Bailey
Mergie Marauder

Sat Dec 06, 2014 2:16 pm

tbuc wrote:
Bullet21XD wrote:Reports from the North...Minnesota...the ducks aren't down from Canada yet.

Still waiting for "the big push" on the muddy mississippi! Hope they get here before season closes cause all the local ducks are stale.

Yep I scouted the miss yesterday and ended up walking some creeks. No birds yet as they are all still in Canada! I guess our season should run through January! Those poor southern boys may not see a duck all year.

Return to “Waterfowl Hunting”