tornadochaser
Mergie Marauder

Re: Turd Burglar Dayton Signs Turd Burger Bill

Thu Jun 18, 2015 9:16 am

HnkrCrash wrote:How much is the fine for tiling under these double dog required buffer strips? Maybe I missed it, but I don't see it mentioned.

Time to buy a backhoe and make my million.

At least the Morse guy has his head outta his ass and realizes this won't make a damn bit of difference. Farmers are shifty F'rs, especially when trying to stick it to "The Man."

Tile is allowed under the buffers. Personally, I think that tile discharge into ditches should have to have saturated buffers between the pipe and the main channel, as the tile discharging into the main channel is what causes much of the maintenance requirements. Most new tile discharges I've seen lately have some sort of control structure of some sort though. It's the old intake style tile system outlets that cause the most damage and erosion.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Fish Felon
Mergie Marauder

Thu Jun 18, 2015 10:01 am

The smartest move the opposition made was removing the language in the bill that would have changed enforcement to the DNR, instead keeping it at the county level...just like it is now...where it isn't being enforced in almost all counties...

Really stupid on Dayton's part, he should have demanded the DNR take over enforcement. I could have handled the watered-down BS version of this bill and even viewed it as a conservation win if they simply changed who enforces it and the current law.

110,000 new "paper" acres. Way to go Dayton!
Hate Speech is Free Speech
"Ogaa-Gichi-Manidoo"

h2ofwlr
The One And Only

Thu Jun 18, 2015 11:03 am

^^^^ Good Lord, the did the Earth's rotation just shudder? As I agree with FF, as that is like putting the fox in charge of the hen house.

tornadochaser wrote:Tile is allowed under the buffers. Personally, I think that tile discharge into ditches should have to have saturated buffers between the pipe and the main channel, as the tile discharging into the main channel is what causes much of the maintenance requirements. Most new tile discharges I've seen lately have some sort of control structure of some sort though. It's the old intake style tile system outlets that cause the most damage and erosion.

Very good point!
God, help me be the man that my dog thinks that I am.

get-n-birdy
Mergie Marauder

Thu Jun 18, 2015 12:58 pm

Only thing enforced in ag country, is more land being brought into production. Letting land sit idle is heresy.

So in theory with this buffer strip, we should start seeing a lot of ditches with decent nesting cover in the next couple years?
DENNIS ANDERSON, Then, about five years ago, in 2020, there were no more ducks in the state,

HnkrCrash
Mergie Marauder

Thu Jun 18, 2015 1:19 pm

^^^^^
In theory that nesting cover should already exist because of the current law in place.

It's nice that these buffer strips will help the few acres directly abutting waterways and ditches while completely ignoring the overwhelming majority of acres where water drains directly into the tile lines and runs unabated right underneath the buffer strips into the same waterways and ditches that are supposedly being "protected".
"The less I know about other people's affairs, the happier I am. I'm not interested in caring about people."
- Ron Swanson

Fish Felon
Mergie Marauder

Thu Jun 18, 2015 2:58 pm

get-n-birdy wrote:Only thing enforced in ag country, is more land being brought into production. Letting land sit idle is heresy.

My uncle farms my family's ground in IA. A few years back I drove with him to a family reunion after we stopped at my Grandma's grave. About a mile past the cemetery there was a two acre plot unfarmed. It stood out since the county they're in is pretty much as fencerow to fencerow as it gets so I asked him what the deal was,

"School land," he grimaced, "it's a damn shame too. That's good ground."

How much he was irked by two acres sitting idle in a sea of corn and beans is what we're up against. Farming is their job, hunting is our past time.

I'm guessing water coming out of drain tile would have less pollutants than straight runoff coming off the top of fields since the ground filters it somewhat. Could be wrong, just a guess. It wouldn't shock me if it was a lot less...wouldn't shock me either if it actually has more.
Hate Speech is Free Speech
"Ogaa-Gichi-Manidoo"

gimpfinger
Mergie Marauder

Thu Jun 18, 2015 4:39 pm

^^^problem is that there are still untold numbers of open intakes that people will argue are not there.

Team Power Dump
Hate hate hate hate hate hate

Return to “MNFOWL's Misguided Children”