h2ofwlr
The One And Only

It feels like Fall has arrived

Mon Aug 24, 2015 8:22 am

Between last weeks 60 for high, and then yesterdays and today's cool NW wind and temps, it feels more like the end of Sept. It's been beautiful sleeping weather last 2 nights with the windows wide open.

Ely is supposed to get up to only to 47 for the high today, Warroad down to 43 tomorrow morning. Langdon, ND down to 41, 40 for Intl falls wed AM, that is almost frost temperatures. Down here in the Cities upper 40s for lows the next 2 mornings.

And all those adult drake BWTeal that you were hankering to shoot, they have/are headed south on this cool NW wind. So no more worries about if we have an early teal season. ;)

So did anyone go out yesterday or last week with the cool temps for Aug geese? As it actually felt like hunting weather. :D

And check out the Aug goose poll on this forum
God, help me be the man that my dog thinks that I am.

Nershi
Mergie Marauder

Re: It feels like Fall has arrived

Mon Aug 24, 2015 9:53 am

It has felt like fall. And the muskies (and presumably other species) have responded with a strong bite. Put 5 in the boat over the weekend fishing half days.

I probably won't be hunting birds until the weekend before duck opener. Wish we had a teal season, if this weather keeps up just about all the BWT will be gone come opener.

Big Doe Hunter
Mergie Marauder

Mon Aug 24, 2015 12:20 pm

Nershi wrote:Wish we had a teal season, if this weather keeps up just about all the BWT will be gone come opener.

I'm just hoping a few doves stick around until the 1st!
get-n-birdy wrote:Remember, just because it's not legal doesn't mean you can't do it, there's just a fee if you get caught.

gimpfinger
Mergie Marauder

Mon Aug 24, 2015 12:25 pm

With Bwt the wind and temp have some influence on migration but moon phase plays a big part. Full moon mid to late Sept gets em moving.

Team Power Dump
Hate hate hate hate hate hate

Fish Felon
Mergie Marauder

Mon Aug 24, 2015 2:00 pm

Ahhh, the annual post of it feeling like fall and the teal already being gone...it's how I know late summer and 90 degree heat are right around the corner.
Hate Speech is Free Speech
"Ogaa-Gichi-Manidoo"

h2ofwlr
The One And Only

Mon Aug 24, 2015 9:42 pm

Ok, what ever you say Debbie Downer!

Big Doe Hunter
Mergie Marauder

Tue Aug 25, 2015 3:03 pm

Hopefully the cool weather holds for the 'Great Minnesota Stink Together'
get-n-birdy wrote:Remember, just because it's not legal doesn't mean you can't do it, there's just a fee if you get caught.

get-n-birdy
Mergie Marauder

Tue Aug 25, 2015 9:41 pm

Big Doe Hunter wrote:Hopefully the cool weather holds for the 'Great Minnesota Stink Together'

That'd suck cause the garage wouldn't stink as bad.
DENNIS ANDERSON, Then, about five years ago, in 2020, there were no more ducks in the state,

get-n-birdy
Mergie Marauder

Tue Aug 25, 2015 9:46 pm

Fish Felon wrote:Ahhh, the annual post of it feeling like fall and the teal already being gone...it's how I know late summer and 90 degree heat are right around the corner.

Yep.

Native American summer will hit right around the duck opener with not a breath of a breeze and a fresh skeeter hatch will be born angry and hungry. And some Jack wagon apricot hole will talk about moving the duck opener to November 1st, so we can take advantage of the massive flocks of mallards along the river bottoms into January.
DENNIS ANDERSON, Then, about five years ago, in 2020, there were no more ducks in the state,

h2ofwlr
The One And Only

Tue Aug 25, 2015 11:07 pm

^^^ LMBO as there is a bunch of truth in that comment!

gimpfinger wrote:With Bwt the wind and temp have some influence on migration but moon phase plays a big part. Full moon mid to late Sept gets em moving.

Ok.... so then why do the majority of the adult drake BWTeal migrate the last 1/2 of August VS the last 1/2 of Sept?

Return to “MNFOWL's Misguided Children”