Fish Felon
Mergie Marauder

Re: Own Your Own Maltard Club

Fri Aug 28, 2015 5:51 am

h2ofwlr wrote:FF is on FB? oh my... What's his real name? Someone can PM so his nose don't get bent out of joint.

Hells Yeah I'm on the Facebook, I got like 5 profiles!

Big Doe Hunter wrote:On the real though....tax value of 11,000? What do you think this place will sell for?

Let's see 240 acres of the shoddiest of the Aitkin County shyte bog that some genius dug a few ponds on so he could sit and put out decoys in brackish food less water and look at empty skies. No deer on it, no grouse, nothing really in any numbers would live in that low lying crap. You can haul your boat 3 miles to a lake with 8500 cabins on it and fish for 14" walleyes. You have an out house so that's cool. There's a 2000 acre rice farm in the area that's the only thing that will hold a few birds since that neck of the woods doesn't get much for a flight...and I'm sure a bunch of ducks will consistently leave the big rice farm with limited pressure that is the mallard club to come try and get on the nutrionless bog water ponds at this place.

So yeah, I think if some guy gets it for $250K he's getting a steal!

In all seriousness I could see some idiot not knowing any better excited at the 240 acres and seeing the pictures and thinking it's a duck mecca and overpaying for it.

$10K would be max offer. I'm serious, it took me a little while to consider that figure.
Hate Speech is Free Speech
"Ogaa-Gichi-Manidoo"

Bullet21XD
Mergie Marauder

Fri Aug 28, 2015 6:09 am

I think those ponds used to roost a fair amount of the MC's birds, but since the creation of the brush reservoir...those days are mostly gone. You could still kill a few ducks there...but not many.

The tax forfeit "state" land it borders is about as lifeless and unappealing as foulers last girlfriend. Worthless spruce swamp. A hmong probably couldn't even bag a chickadee in there.

And for the idiots that think this is the Mallard Club, it is not. It's no longer for sale.
Dominate The Skies.

Hansen
Mergie Marauder

Fri Aug 28, 2015 7:45 am

I think it would be decent, you would get spill over birds. But like other said, there is really no reason for the ducks to leave TMC.

Nershi
Mergie Marauder

Fri Aug 28, 2015 8:25 am

Fish Felon wrote: You can haul your boat 3 miles to a lake with 8500 cabins on it and fish for 14" walleyes.

BSL and surrounding lakes are known for their panfish not their walleye.

Fish Felon wrote: that neck of the woods doesn't get much for a flight.

Yea the rice lake refuge doesn't get much of a flight...

The well known public areas in McGregor area attracts the most impressive of retard duck hunters, mostly from the metro area. You know the type that don't lay off their kazoo mallard call the entire day even if the only ducks that are around are divers, and skybomb every duck within 200 yards. I have never hunted the famed Swan Lake but I can only imagine it is very similar. I am sure some of those hunters would be dumb enough to think they are buying a slice of duck hunting heaven with this cabin.

Perch_44
Mergie Marauder

Fri Aug 28, 2015 11:03 am

Just put a bid in on this place! They said that it holds some pretty impressive deer too, but they couldn't find the pictures from the trail cams. They did show me the deer trails though, quite impressive!!

gimpfinger
Mergie Marauder

Re: RE: Re: Own Your Own Maltard Club

Fri Aug 28, 2015 1:52 pm

Perch_44 wrote:Just put a bid in on this place! They said that it holds some pretty impressive deer too, but they couldn't find the pictures from the trail cams. They did show me the deer trails though, quite impressive!!

Sure you meant the quad trails.

Team Power Dump
Hate hate hate hate hate hate

Fish Felon
Mergie Marauder

Fri Aug 28, 2015 3:03 pm

Hansen wrote:I think it would be decent, you would get spill over birds. But like other said, there is really no reason for the ducks to leave TMC.

I'd bait the hell out of it. You've 240 acres of shyte bog in the middle of nowhere with ponds dug in the middle, who's going to catch you?

Since they have to prove you knew it was baited if I got caught I'd just tell green jeans,

"Awww Goddammit! I can't believe those MF'er guides down at the mallard club baited my shyte again to hold birds in the area for their dbag clients!!!"
"Ogaa-Gichi-Manidoo"

Fish Felon
Mergie Marauder

Fri Aug 28, 2015 3:13 pm

Nershi wrote:Yea the rice lake refuge doesn't get much of a flight...

It does but when it peaks there's still only like 5 ducks that go off the refuge...it's huge and they just sit there until they migrate out at night.

Just messin' with you. I'm pretty much going to say anywhere in the state sucks when locations are brought up. I've shot a lot of ducks and caught a lot of walleyes over 14" there...not that I don't eat the hell out of 14" walleyes.
"Ogaa-Gichi-Manidoo"

h2ofwlr
The One And Only

Fri Aug 28, 2015 4:27 pm

I thought the idea of all the rice was so that it was legal bait?
God, help me be the man that my dog thinks that I am.

Bullet21XD
Mergie Marauder

Fri Aug 28, 2015 5:01 pm

It is legal to bait with rice. Buy it unprocessed and have at it.
You could dump tons into those ponds and there isn't a damn thing any jack booted thug could do about it.
Dominate The Skies.

Return to “MNFOWL's Misguided Children”