Fish Felon
Mergie Marauder

Re: Own Your Own Maltard Club

Fri Aug 28, 2015 5:24 pm

Really? Good to know---learn something new every day!

I was thinking more along the lines of several 4×8 sheets of plywood backed by enough sheets of styrofoam insulation to float just above water level with an anchor on each end and after dumping a pile of corn on them. Three at most on one of those ponds would do the trick but that might be a little more obvious than the aforementioned method.

People always talk about being careful of planes but from what I've seen that only is an issue if you had them out less than a week before deer season when the DNR starts flying and looking for bait piles next to stands and in the woods. No one baits in MN so they're not even looking for it. Like with everything else the highest likelihood of being caught is by another hunter stumbling on your shyte and calling it in.

But that wouldn't be an issue at this place. What'd I pay just went up....I'm getting some ideas.
Hate Speech is Free Speech
"Ogaa-Gichi-Manidoo"

get-n-birdy
Mergie Marauder

Fri Aug 28, 2015 10:31 pm

Get them habituated to yellow corn. Then ten days before the season starts switch to camo corn.
DENNIS ANDERSON, Then, about five years ago, in 2020, there were no more ducks in the state,

Waterfowlist
Mergie Marauder

Fri Aug 28, 2015 11:08 pm

I don't think the average guy could afford to bait with rice. That stuff isn't cheap.

Mr. Lee
I'll Swat Your Decoys

Mon Sep 07, 2015 12:15 am

Saw this thread. Decided to register.

The ad is a little bit misleading. Big Sandy may be three miles for a duck…but it would be about a 30 mile drive from this place.

The Mallard club is now about 1,200 acres of restored/ongoing restoration wetlands and down to about 250 acres of rice.

Bailey
Mergie Marauder

Re: RE: Own Your Own Maltard Club

Mon Sep 07, 2015 4:54 pm

Fish Felon wrote:This has got to be right next to the famed Mallard Club. Wonder what it will go for?

http://www.kwhuntingproperties.com/kwhunting_017.htm

This place sounds like pure magic!

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Bailey
Mergie Marauder

Re: RE: Re: Own Your Own Maltard Club

Mon Sep 14, 2015 9:31 am

Nershi wrote:[quote="Fish Felon"] You can haul your boat 3 miles to a lake with 8500 cabins on it and fish for 14" walleyes.

BSL and surrounding lakes are known for their panfish not their walleye.

[quote="Fish Felon"] that neck of the woods doesn't get much for a flight.[/quote]

Yea the rice lake refuge doesn't get much of a flight...

The well known public areas in McGregor area attracts the most impressive of retard duck hunters, mostly from the metro area. You know the type that don't lay off their kazoo mallard call the entire day even if the only ducks that are around are divers, and skybomb every duck within 200 yards. I have never hunted the famed Swan Lake but I can only imagine it is very similar. I am sure some of those hunters would be dumb enough to think they are buying a slice of duck hunting heaven with this cabin.[/quote]
Swan lake from what I hear is a complete and utter zoo full of skybusters. It appears to have great habitat but without some controlled hunting the idiots will blast the ducks off very quickly. Swan lake is not for me

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

emptymag
Mergie Marauder

Mon Sep 28, 2015 5:17 pm

I heard this sold for $100,000
"You can't eat ethical." - Ron Spomer

"There's a feeling I get, When I look to the west, And my spirit is crying for leaving" - LED ZEP

Hamster
Coot Commander

Sun Oct 18, 2015 7:43 pm

Steve Lee bought it.

delta
Mergie Marauder

Sun Oct 18, 2015 8:16 pm

^^^^nope. Heard some guy bought it with out even looking at it first. The price was right, that's a nice property

Return to “MNFOWL's Misguided Children”