KingCan
No longer welcome here.

Re: Smokers

Sun Dec 01, 2013 1:30 am

I have a Chargriller smoker with side firebox.

I use it all the time.

Fire box will accommodate up to 16" lengths of wood.

I smoke a lot of Pork Shoulders, big ones, 10 to 25 pounders. Pork shoulder is about the most fool proof thing to smoke.

Sent from My Samsung Galaxy S4 which makes an iPhone look like an abacus

Take-a-Gander
Mergie Marauder

Sun Dec 01, 2013 5:54 pm

I have a Green Mountain Grill and love it. You can adjust the temp very easily with the digital control. Did the Thanksgiving turkey on it and it was a huge hit........too much so. No left overs for turkey sandwiches.

smg04
Coot Commander

Mon Dec 02, 2013 2:42 pm

So whats better in everybodys opinion, Electric or Gas?. . . told the wife I wanted a smoker for christmas but have never used either

9manfan
Mergie Marauder

Mon Dec 02, 2013 2:47 pm

I've had both, liked the electric for the simplicity of setting it and not worrying about it, but the first models Masterbuilt built had some connector problems, got tired of that and went to the gas smoker, little more tempermental as you have to watch and make sure fire doesn't get blowed out on windy days, but it too does a nice job smoking....
This crowd has gone deadly silent... Cinderella story, out of nowhere, former greenskeeper, now, about to become the Masters Championship. It looks like a mirac- It's in the hole! It's in the hole!~ Carl Spackler

maplelakeduckslayer
Mergie Marauder

Mon Dec 02, 2013 4:08 pm

I've only used my master built electric 3 times so far, but has worked great. I believe master built re engineered their electric smokers as there was a change in models offered recently.

maplelakeduckslayer
Mergie Marauder

Sun Dec 08, 2013 8:26 am

Threw a pork shoulder on about half hour ago...smoker is holding temp nicely even at 0 outside. Post a pic when its done!

9manfan
Mergie Marauder

Mon Dec 09, 2013 12:49 pm

maplelakeduckslayer wrote:Threw a pork shoulder on about half hour ago...smoker is holding temp nicely even at 0 outside. Post a pic when its done!

How did it turn out????
This crowd has gone deadly silent... Cinderella story, out of nowhere, former greenskeeper, now, about to become the Masters Championship. It looks like a mirac- It's in the hole! It's in the hole!~ Carl Spackler

THe CRiPPLeR
This Hen's For You

Mon Dec 09, 2013 4:49 pm

h2ofwlr wrote:Find an old refrigerator (Fiber Glasses insulated - not foam) and convert it into a smoker.

Those are becoming hard to come by.
AKA HenSlayer
If its brown its down, if it flies it..., well I cripple it

Secure huntings future, introduce someone new to the outdoors.

Nershi
Mergie Marauder

Mon Dec 09, 2013 6:54 pm

Almost got one until I found out a local smoke shop does it for super cheap. Brought them about 75 tullibee that they did for about $40. Brined, smoked and individually vacuum sealed. Tasted better than any of the fish my buddies have done and is probably cheaper. They can't do red meat though. I'd love to try smoked duck.

maplelakeduckslayer
Mergie Marauder

Tue Dec 10, 2013 12:40 pm

9manfan wrote:
maplelakeduckslayer wrote:Threw a pork shoulder on about half hour ago...smoker is holding temp nicely even at 0 outside. Post a pic when its done!

How did it turn out????

It was good...buddies rushed it though as they wanted to eat...I had to turn it up and wrap in foil. Next time it goes on at midnight, low and slow

Return to “MNFOWL's Misguided Children”