Forum rules
NOTICE! These forums are intended for CIVIL discussion around waterfowl hunting. If you've got an axe to grind or rant to make, do it in the MNFOWL's Misguided Children forum.
Stute Slap
Mergie Marauder

Re: When a favor goes bad.

Thu Oct 01, 2015 11:32 am

deet wrote:Far be it from me to ever live anywhere near Forest Lake, or to hunt with a stranger, or to show someone one of my spots. I don't think I ever even knew who Franny was in the cyberworld. What was his username(s)?

yeah that was a shot in the dark i guess.....I'm not sure why I assumed you lived in that area, maybe you just fish up there.......the guy who brought him was a pretty frequent poster, seemed pretty legit. Anyway I can tell you if you missed the whole Franny era you really missed out on some classic stuff. Franny made things interesting around here for a long time - oh and guess what - him and Fowler didn't get along.

It was a great story, I think he never actually met Franny in real life and invited him on a hunt. It was on private land, long story short Franny refused to put his gun on "safety" at any point. Started calling the shot instead of the guy who invited him, and ended up calling the guys girlfriend a bitch. Then on top of it all I think he went back awhile later and asked the land owner for permission.

Stute Slap
Mergie Marauder

Thu Oct 01, 2015 11:42 am

Another quirky deal regarding Franny - I think after Fowler and him got into a real good battle Walker paid for a guided Mr.Lee hunt. So Fowler, Franny, Lee, and walker went hunting. Some pretty weird shit went down there for awhile.

Bailey
Mergie Marauder

Re: RE: Re: When a favor goes bad.

Thu Oct 01, 2015 11:50 am

Stute Slap wrote:Another quirky deal regarding Franny - I think after Fowler and him got into a real good battle Walker paid for a guided Mr.Lee hunt. So Fowler, Franny, Lee, and walker went hunting. Some pretty weird shit went down there for awhile.

I think they knocked the snot out of the ducks on Marsh lake.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

deet
Mergie Marauder

Thu Oct 01, 2015 12:15 pm

I seem to remember Fowler alleging that Nick M, Luke L, I Like Woodies, and ultimately, Fish Felon was Franny.

It's actually sad that I remember so much cyberworld stuff. I feel like a loser.

9manfan
Mergie Marauder

Thu Oct 01, 2015 12:25 pm

deet wrote:I seem to remember Fowler alleging that Nick M, Luke L, I Like Woodies, and ultimately, Fish Felon was Franny.

It's actually sad that I remember so much cyberworld stuff. I feel like a loser.

Ha, I remember the group photo after the Marsh lake hunt, Franny had his facemask on and I believe they were giving him crap for shooting hens........Good Internet times back then....
This crowd has gone deadly silent... Cinderella story, out of nowhere, former greenskeeper, now, about to become the Masters Championship. It looks like a mirac- It's in the hole! It's in the hole!~ Carl Spackler

Stute Slap
Mergie Marauder

Thu Oct 01, 2015 12:30 pm

deet wrote:I seem to remember Fowler alleging that Nick M, Luke L, I Like Woodies, and ultimately, Fish Felon was Franny.

You shouldn't, this stuff is like a real life soap opera.....how can you make this stuff up?

For some reason I don't think Franny is Fish Felon - not sure why I think that though. After FF carved that pumpkin of Fowler I basically think he is a genius and I don't think I got that impression from Franny. Both have a really great sense how to piss people off, and I owe them a lot for helping me waste time at work.

Bailey
Mergie Marauder

Thu Oct 01, 2015 12:33 pm

So who is I like woodies. I remember that clown last year. Is he franny? Fowler was buddies with Frannie? I can't keep any of this straight.

Bailey
Mergie Marauder

Re: RE: Re: When a favor goes bad.

Thu Oct 01, 2015 12:34 pm

9manfan wrote:[quote="deet"]I seem to remember Fowler alleging that Nick M, Luke L, I Like Woodies, and ultimately, Fish Felon was Franny.

Ha, I remember the group photo after the Marsh lake hunt, Franny had his facemask on and I believe they were giving him crap for shooting hens........Good Internet times back then....[/quote]
Mr Lee owned Marsh lake. He shot alot of ducks at that place.

Stute Slap
Mergie Marauder

Thu Oct 01, 2015 12:39 pm

I'm sure FF will comment if he is Franny.

If so - would you be so kind to retell the story about when you went goose hunting with that one guy? It's a classic, almost as good as the old man and the slough.

9manfan
Mergie Marauder

Thu Oct 01, 2015 1:15 pm

The name " Jregal "or something like that comes to mind as the Franny quarrel........long time ago already....
This crowd has gone deadly silent... Cinderella story, out of nowhere, former greenskeeper, now, about to become the Masters Championship. It looks like a mirac- It's in the hole! It's in the hole!~ Carl Spackler

Return to “Waterfowl Hunting”