Big Doe Hunter
Mergie Marauder

Re: Jim Cox

Fri Dec 11, 2015 4:43 pm

Bullet21XD wrote:Hunter opinion, for or against, any regulation...should never be a factor.

All you have to do is spend about 5 minutes reading what is posted on the "Minnesota Waterfowlers" Facebook page to see how truly misguided and ignorant the vast majority of those who hunt ducks from this State are. That page changed my mentality to 'Flip it! There is NO WAY anyone can fix all these retards'

Nothing can save this State's duck hunters, not a person, organization or regulation.

That is all.
get-n-birdy wrote:Remember, just because it's not legal doesn't mean you can't do it, there's just a fee if you get caught.

Bailey
Mergie Marauder

Re: RE: Re: Jim Cox

Fri Dec 11, 2015 4:52 pm

Big Doe Hunter wrote:[quote="Bullet21XD"]Hunter opinion, for or against, any regulation...should never be a factor.

All you have to do is spend about 5 minutes reading what is posted on the "Minnesota Waterfowlers" Facebook page to see how truly misguided and ignorant the vast majority of those who hunt ducks from this State are. That page changed my mentality to 'Flip it! There is NO WAY anyone can fix all these retards'

Nothing can save this State's duck hunters, not a person, organization or regulation.

That is all.[/quote]
But we will always have stories of heron lake from 1912? Lol.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Bailey
Mergie Marauder

Fri Dec 11, 2015 5:09 pm

We are so special we are not even counted in the feds breeding survey. It is as if we do not even exist. Special indeed!

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

lanyard
Mergie Marauder

Sat Dec 12, 2015 7:57 am

What's interesting, looking at the harvest data, considering that there are about half the "duck hunters" of 30, 40, 50 years ago..... current hunters must be freaking geniuses since harvest data hasn't changed as dramatically as hunters "lost"..... that, or more likely the hunter's that quit and didn't pass the tradition down to the next generation sucked even when the skies were blackened by the big push.

Wood duck data chart for MN and Total harvest chart for MN from http://flyways.us:

Screen Shot 2015-12-12 at 6.50.10 AM.png
Screen Shot 2015-12-12 at 6.50.10 AM.png (60.38 KiB) Viewed 5269 times
Screen Shot 2015-12-12 at 6.51.03 AM.png
Screen Shot 2015-12-12 at 6.51.03 AM.png (59.61 KiB) Viewed 5269 times

Quack
Mergie Marauder

Sat Dec 12, 2015 9:00 am

Analysis of wood duck harvest in relation to hunter numbers over 40 years is muddied by inconsistent harvest opportunities over the same time period. Opening day used to be in October and shooting hours have range from noon to nine to half hour before.

I'm thinking today's hunters wouldn't shoot many woodies if we opened at noon on Oct 6 or 7.

h2ofwlr
The One And Only

Sat Dec 12, 2015 10:39 am

^^^ A VG point, as that very may well account for the recent spike in WD harvest.
God, help me be the man that my dog thinks that I am.

lanyard
Mergie Marauder

Sat Dec 12, 2015 10:50 am

Quack wrote:Analysis of wood duck harvest in relation to hunter numbers over 40 years is muddied by inconsistent harvest opportunities over the same time period. Opening day used to be in October and shooting hours have range from noon to nine to half hour before.

I'm thinking today's hunters wouldn't shoot many woodies if we opened at noon on Oct 6 or 7.

Fair enough, I'll retract my derogatory comments regarding previous generations of hunters' proficiency....

Fact remains: seasons are more liberal, and generally, less ducks are being shot in total.

Trigger
Mergie Marauder

Sat Dec 12, 2015 11:41 am

Stute Slap wrote:

Lanyard I think you are incorrect.

This taken right from MWA's mission statement that Fowler pasted-
4) Recruit new hunters, expand hunter opportunity, and teach ethical skills and behaviors that will ensure our hunting heritage.
5) Protect hunting rights, shooting sports, and associated activities for all Minnesotans.

So it is a waterfowler org......and is a f'ing joke that they clearly state "expand hunter opportunity" and were clearly against the Teal season.

No flocking way. It actually says that? They get funnier by the day.
"When we have as many hot button issues going on as we do at any given time, we must use a science based approach to management. It is not always the most popular, but is the only way way we can defend ourselves." Tom Landwehr, September 2013

Trigger
Mergie Marauder

Sat Dec 12, 2015 11:46 am

h2ofwlr wrote:^^^ A VG point, as that very may well account for the recent spike in WD harvest.

Doesn't that chart show a wood duck harvest decrease since 2012?
"When we have as many hot button issues going on as we do at any given time, we must use a science based approach to management. It is not always the most popular, but is the only way way we can defend ourselves." Tom Landwehr, September 2013

Quack
Mergie Marauder

Sat Dec 12, 2015 11:26 pm

lanyard wrote:
Fair enough, I'll retract my derogatory comments regarding previous generations of hunters' proficiency....

Fact remains: seasons are more liberal, and generally, less ducks are being shot in total.

Ducks per hunter per season hasn't changed significantly over time. Which basically means there are still a lot of "duck hunters" that don't shoot much.

Return to “MNFOWL's Misguided Children”