Nershi
Mergie Marauder

Re: MN Vikings

Tue Jan 12, 2016 8:28 am

Laces out Dan!

It's going to be a long off season for Walsh.

Can't say I'm surprised by their choke. This is why I quit caring about the vikes.

Fish Felon
Mergie Marauder

Tue Jan 12, 2016 11:54 am

Drunk_Dynasty wrote:Okay Teddy is way better than T-Jack ever was tho.

Agreed. He is a serviceable starting QB and like I said he might crack the top 20 someday. Which means we'll probably never win shit with him at the helm ever. Anyone who thinks he'll be consistently in the pro-bowl or ever be mentioned in the MVP talk....puff, puff, pass...you're high as phuck.

On very rare occasions teams with a Brad Johnson or Trent Dilfer can win it all because they have a historically good defense. It's not something you use as a blueprint for success because today's NFL is not set up for defensive teams with subpar offenses to succeed. Look at all the rule changes they've made in the past couple decades, not a single one has benefited defense.
Hate Speech is Free Speech
"Ogaa-Gichi-Manidoo"

Mallard_maniac
Mergie Marauder

Tue Jan 12, 2016 12:57 pm

Fish Felon wrote:
Drunk_Dynasty wrote:Okay Teddy is way better than T-Jack ever was tho.

Agreed. He is a serviceable starting QB and like I said he might crack the top 20 someday. Which means we'll probably never win shit with him at the helm ever. Anyone who thinks he'll be consistently in the pro-bowl or ever be mentioned in the MVP talk....puff, puff, pass...you're high as phuck.

On very rare occasions teams with a Brad Johnson or Trent Dilfer can win it all because they have a historically good defense. It's not something you use as a blueprint for success because today's NFL is not set up for defensive teams with subpar offenses to succeed. Look at all the rule changes they've made in the past couple decades, not a single one has benefited defense.

I don't know, I was pleasantly surprised with the strides he made just this year as a QB. Before the season started I thought we'd be lucky to break 500 for the season so even though the loss was tough, I still tip my hat to Zimmer and folks. Keep in mind this kids age and experience and look at what he's been given to work with and considering everything... we've made the most out of very little. Does he belong in the same category as Wilson, Rogers, Brady, etc...? No, not yet anyway but he certainly has a bright future if he maintains his poise and keeps a good head. I've maintained from day 1 we should have traded AP after his 1st 3 year contract was up when the price on that prize bull would have been through the roof. Our entire offense has centered around a RB that has consistently made fumbles at horrible times. He's great, don't get me wrong but how many series of plays do we hand the ball off to AP on 1st and 2nd, toss a stupid slant or something on 3rd and either convert or punt. MN has to be the easiest team to play defensively. He's always had issues hanging onto the ball and if it hasn't changed by now, it's not going to. In his defense, it'd be tough to be that punishing of a runningback and not fumble every now and then.

As far as defense goes I'd respectfully disagree on the Greenway comment. No doubt he's a factor but I've thought the same thing (most recently) about Allen, Williams's,etc... and we faired pretty well upon their release. We have some real optimistic outlooks on defense and that'll continue with or without Chad Greenway.

Like walker said, there's a lot to be hopeful for next year and years to come, pending we retain many of this young, talented players.

9manfan
Mergie Marauder

Tue Jan 12, 2016 2:02 pm

If you don't have a O-line that can protect the QB on deep drops you'll never see many throws deep down the field and that is pretty much what the year was, even on Sunday when we wanted to run a deep route they were all over Bridgestone, I wont give up on him until he has a decent O-line in front of him.......................every aspect of the game starts with the O-line and D-line....... Go Vikes !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This crowd has gone deadly silent... Cinderella story, out of nowhere, former greenskeeper, now, about to become the Masters Championship. It looks like a mirac- It's in the hole! It's in the hole!~ Carl Spackler

lanyard
Mergie Marauder

Tue Jan 12, 2016 5:50 pm

9manfan wrote:If you don't have a O-line that can protect the QB on deep drops you'll never see many throws deep down the field and that is pretty much what the year was, even on Sunday when we wanted to run a deep route they were all over Bridgestone, I wont give up on him until he has a decent O-line in front of him.......................every aspect of the game starts with the O-line and D-line....... Go Vikes !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't disagree with that assessment.

One issue will be AP's demanding the ball. If the only plays he can run are left tackle, off center, right tackle, and he has start 7 yards deep to hit the line hard, then the whole thing is pointless. The most yards gained for the team are when they use a variety of backs/options and take the 4 yard gain.

Norv needs to trash that dumb ass yard costing screen as the "out". Viewing the game our minds were blown there was no Asiata call and McKinnon only lined up twice(?) in the back field. AP would have need 40 carries to hit 100 yards. Had they parked AP when the holes weren't opening (news flash, their D is pretty good) the total offensive yards would have had a better chance, it would have opened the field more and given TB more opportunities. The hit to Rudolph at the end was exactly the way that should look.

I get so confused when TB gets 1 attempt and if it doesn't work either he or Norv takes that play out of the deck... but AP getting jacked at the line time after time keeps getting played like a trump card.

WALKER
Mergie Marauder

Wed Jan 13, 2016 7:09 am

Nershi wrote:

Can't say I'm surprised by their choke. This is why I quit caring about the vikes.

Yep I should have known better. For some reason I started following the Vikings this season after not paying much attention for years.

Was hoping to see a Vikes Super Bowl victory before I die but at 62 years old have my doubts.

The pain is over for another season so have a great day y'all.

9manfan
Mergie Marauder

Wed Jan 13, 2016 11:18 am

WALKER wrote:
Was hoping to see a Vikes Super Bowl victory before I die but at 62 years old have my doubts.

at 56 I was hoping we would of reached the Promised Land by now as well, but I really do think the next few years could be Special, I think Zimmer is going to get the job done......Go Vikes !!!!!!!!!!!!
This crowd has gone deadly silent... Cinderella story, out of nowhere, former greenskeeper, now, about to become the Masters Championship. It looks like a mirac- It's in the hole! It's in the hole!~ Carl Spackler

Fish Felon
Mergie Marauder

Wed Jan 20, 2016 10:04 pm

T-Jack, Ponder and Bridgewater.....

....all got the Vikes to the playoffs once to have them lose.
"Ogaa-Gichi-Manidoo"

Fish Felon
Mergie Marauder

Tue Jan 26, 2016 10:07 pm

Fish Felon wrote:Anyone who thinks he'll be consistently in the pro-bowl or ever be mentioned in the MVP talk....puff, puff, pass...you're high as phuck.

I must have been high when I wrote that to think going to the pro-bowl was something that legitimized your skill and respect in the league.

Bridgewater is a "pro-bowl quarterback."

WTF!!!?!
"Ogaa-Gichi-Manidoo"

greatwhitehunter3!
Mergie Marauder

Sat Jan 30, 2016 8:34 am

Pro bowl is a joke anyways.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Return to “MNFOWL's Misguided Children”