lanyard
Mergie Marauder

Re: what are you getting your wife for Christmas?

Mon Dec 16, 2013 9:13 pm

But if he needs to put a big box over the small box.....

Now, if you're looking for something for the little lady AND a hand cleaning fish:

http://www.nbc.com/saturday-night-live/video/bassomatic/n8631/

THe CRiPPLeR
This Hen's For You

Mon Dec 16, 2013 11:26 pm

[quote="Goldfish"]Some of these redeegfplies are priceless.

Tell you what mr Nelson, when you find that perfect gift, let us know what it is

Sent from a phancy fone[/quote n f cccfccfccf]
AKA HenSlayer
If its brown its down, if it flies it..., well I cripple it

Secure huntings future, introduce someone new to the outdoors.

h2ofwlr
The One And Only

Mon Dec 16, 2013 11:37 pm

^^^^^ MN ebonics?
God, help me be the man that my dog thinks that I am.

THe CRiPPLeR
This Hen's For You

Tue Dec 17, 2013 1:48 am

^^^^
The little one must of done it while he had my phone a few hours ago
AKA HenSlayer

dwendt
Mergie Marauder

Thu Dec 19, 2013 10:52 am

Kitchen aid mixer so she can make me cookies. Not kidding I gave it to her early and said try it out making cookies. She wasn't even pissed

shnelson
Mergie Marauder

Thu Dec 19, 2013 11:09 am

So far got mine a food processor, she's been excited about the idea of making baby food.

Probably going to get her a day at the spa with a friend and a voucher for a CCW class. I'm also looking for a gym around here that has some kind of class and daycare available - at the very least it gets them out of the house on a routine basis.

I've gained a seriously deep respect for women that take on the stay at home mom role over these past few months. Everyone pretends to have envy about it, but in reality it's probably one of the more difficult "jobs" anyone could sign up for. I feel blessed for being able to escape to a cubicle every day, I can only imagine how she feels not having any time to herself anymore & need to do my best to help with it.

THe CRiPPLeR
This Hen's For You

Thu Dec 19, 2013 12:17 pm

lanyard wrote:Okay, I don't doubt the unwed/unchild people might not have good ideas, but at some point it feels a bit like asking your priest for wedding night techniques~ perhaps well read, but nil practiced.

1) with the kid and staying at home~ from YOU she wants help with all the new things: diapers, late nights, feeding when you are physically able, and PERMISSION to go out, alone to shop/friends/groceries/whatever, which means you say, "Hey baby, why don't you figure out a couple hours today that work for YOU to go out and I'll cover junior". This is not a gift, because she expects it.... and the salon/spa thing can be a pain in the ass unless you are coming in as wing man.....

2) You be a family now~ mama bears, and not all are, but mama bears tend to want to know how it affects the family. So, maybe alone time is nice, but not as nice as you buying snowshoes for her and you, AND carry/sled cover thing for the kid to come with. Now a Saturday afternoon becomes family adventure time and you thought through the details... which is the "unexpected" gift.

3) Why guess? Set her down and say, "hey baby, our lives have changed, I've got all these ideas and assumptions, and figured doing a big surprise that doesn't work will cost twice as much...." then get info on what makes her happy and plan a X-mas shopping trip together. for the tree, get some little things~ and if she likes "nicer", but doesn't buy it, don't be afraid to get a gift card. Victoria's Secret apparently makes functional things women like, who knew? I don't think you do either.

4) What she needs from you and what she wants are very, very different~ assuming you're not a complete goomba, getting a spa day away so she can come back to half-day of things not getting done might backfire.

5) Incorporate her friend~ sorry, this likely doesn't include you. See if you can get a two fer deal so she can take a friend/sister/mom. An hour massage alone might be heaven, 6 hours at the spa chatting with the nail/waxing/hair cutting gals, with nowhere to go but home afterward, might not be that thrilling.

6) take up some workout classes WITH her~ depending on your/her gym. Stay away from the Zumba, that's just ass kissing, and you can't love someone that kisses your ass, but what about kick boxing or similar cardio strength that uses weights. Honestly, Yoga is freakin' awesome if you can get into a decent mixed class and you're not the only dude. LifeTime Fitness FAMILY membership can be a godsend. She can do a class, you go free weights, meet up in an hour at the hot tub, shower, grab a smoothie at the cafe and chat, get kid~ a two hour date with sitter built in.

In the end, I don't know Jack. But can't help but think if you are asking a bunch of duck hunters on a web site what is up, your strategy might be flawed. Of course, the only thing I can guess is she is a saint and you out kicked coverage on her looks, so you might not really have to worry :lol:

This is pretty much stuff you should do all the time.
AKA HenSlayer

THe CRiPPLeR
This Hen's For You

Thu Dec 19, 2013 12:22 pm

shnelson wrote:So far got mine a food processor, she's been excited about the idea of making baby food.

Probably going to get her a day at the spa with a friend and a voucher for a CCW class. I'm also looking for a gym around here that has some kind of class and daycare available - at the very least it gets them out of the house on a routine basis.

I've gained a seriously deep respect for women that take on the stay at home mom role over these past few months. Everyone pretends to have envy about it, but in reality it's probably one of the more difficult "jobs" anyone could sign up for. I feel blessed for being able to escape to a cubicle every day, I can only imagine how she feels not having any time to herself anymore & need to do my best to help with it.

Not really a Xmas type idea but if your ol lady and the kid just need to get out of the house a membership to the Childrens Museum is a good idea. The wifey brings the 16 month old down every few weeks. He loves it and she can just sit back and watch him learn. I think. A year pass is around $90 for a family.
Its a pretty quick drive during the day from our neck of th woods.
AKA HenSlayer

shnelson
Mergie Marauder

Thu Dec 19, 2013 12:28 pm

Good point on lanyard's post, and thanks for the idea on the science museum. 5mo old wont benefit from it much yet, but down the road I think it'll work out great. I can even visit them for lunch when they go, I'm not too far from it where I work.

THe CRiPPLeR
This Hen's For You

Thu Dec 19, 2013 12:44 pm

I thought he was older than that.

Childrens not Science big difference but both still beneficial.
AKA HenSlayer

Return to “MNFOWL's Misguided Children”