Fish Felon
Mergie Marauder

U of M Seeks Funds for Early Detection of CWD

Thu Jan 24, 2019 3:29 pm

https://www.house.leg.state.mn.us/sessi ... ryID=13492

Think there's any chance of it ever being a concern to humans?
Hate Speech is Free Speech
"Ogaa-Gichi-Manidoo"

h2ofwlr
The One And Only

Re: U of M Seeks Funds for Early Detection of CWD

Thu Jan 24, 2019 8:08 pm

Maybe it could... remember the Mad Cow? (I'm not talking about Hillary or Pelosi this time)
Wasn't that transferable to humans if you ate it uncooked? (But don't remember exactly).
God, help me be the man that my dog thinks that I am.

Stute Slap
Mergie Marauder

Fri Jan 25, 2019 10:07 am

I have heard people eating deer in CWD areas are avoiding anything to do with brain or spine. If you listen to the mainstream podcasts these days or hipster hunters you are a poacher if you don't utilize every scrap of meat. Organs, neck, tongue, marrow, etc.

I guess I am old school being that I go deer hunting strictly for the horns. I'd rather eat a Jack's frozen pizza than a venison roast with hair and blood clots, call me crazy.

Bullet21XD
Mergie Marauder

Fri Jan 25, 2019 10:53 am

We made cows so we don't have to eat those shitty deer.
Deer eaters = poor white trash.
Dominate The Skies.

Mallard_maniac
Mergie Marauder

Fri Jan 25, 2019 11:31 am

there's a ton of new concern over it now since a study that came out of Canada found a specific specie of primates that were able to contract it. Quite a bit of speculation though over the authenticity and methods used.

https://www.jsonline.com/story/sports/c ... 430046001/

Later NIH says this:
https://www.nih.gov/news-events/news-re ... y-macaques

I'm not convinced. Uncle Ted went on JRE podcast a few months back and called it bogus. I don't know that he meant CWD was bogus but that the hysteria around it and fear mongering from local G&F depts is stupid.

Does it kill animals? Absolutely.... but to my knowldge it has yet to decimate a population in norht america. Many of the areas I hunt big game in have had CWD for a long, long time and populations are generally stable. Also because of the duration it takes for something to exhibit signs of CWD, arguably thousands of infected animals have been consumed since it's been around (1960's I believe) and not one single health issue is attributed to it.

GK1
Coot Commander

Fri Jan 25, 2019 7:23 pm

CWD is the biggest crock of shit ever.

Fish Felon
Mergie Marauder

Sat Jan 26, 2019 11:48 am

Stute Slap wrote:I guess I am old school being that I go deer hunting strictly for the horns. I'd rather eat a Jack's frozen pizza than a venison roast with hair and blood clots, call me crazy.

Hot damn do I love me some Jack's pizza! It's the best. I'd take it over pizza from most restaurants.
"Ogaa-Gichi-Manidoo"

Fish Felon
Mergie Marauder

Sat Jan 26, 2019 11:55 am

GK1 wrote:CWD is the biggest crock of shit ever.

Yeah, pretty much. They've had it out West forever. Wyoming, Colorado, pretty much have it as a constant presence in their deer herds. Once or twice a decade it'll flare up and take out maybe ten percent of the population in an area the size of a county or two and then is back to being present and killing one or two percent of the deer. Their wildlife departments don't even care about it.

There are a lot more diseases that are frequently seen...like blue-tongue. Blue-tongue is much worse when it comes to wiping out deer. It'll leave only a handful left after going through a herd.

CWD has never done that and never will. It's not that big of a deal. Wasting millions on testing tens of thousands of deer to find out you have three deer that have it is simply retarded.
"Ogaa-Gichi-Manidoo"

get-n-birdy
Mergie Marauder

Sat Jan 26, 2019 6:27 pm

Fish Felon wrote: Wasting millions on testing tens of thousands of deer to find out you have three deer that have it is simply retarded.

You are so wrong, look at how we have completely stopped ais. Oh chit, wait, we still have ais and they are still spreading, but the lakes that have had ais for years still have fish in them, go figure.

Carry on and keep bringing in ballast water from over seas, all the while punishing recreational boaters for it.

Killing herds off, and thinking it's a useful tool to stop the spread of something that can live in the soil and plant life for an undetermined number of long years defines Minnesota arrogance and ignorance.
DENNIS ANDERSON, Then, about five years ago, in 2020, there were no more ducks in the state,

Return to “MNFOWL's Misguided Children”