Fish Felon
Mergie Marauder

Re: Luck Retiring

Sun Aug 25, 2019 8:40 am

Kind of bizarre. :shock:

It's not hyperbole: Andrew Luck's stunning decision to move on from the NFL is the most shocking retirement American pro sports has seen since Michael Jordan left the NBA in 1993. The circumstances are obviously different, and we've seen players such as Barry Sanders and Calvin Johnson leave the game earlier than anybody would have expected, but 29-year-old quarterbacks in the prime of their careers just don't get up and leave. This isn't just a franchise-altering decision. It alters the entire complexion of the NFL.

To put this in context, by Pro Football Reference's Approximate Value statistic, there have been two players in NFL history who have posted a better season in their final NFL campaign than the Indianapolis Colts quarterback and then retired by choice before turning 30. One is former Vikings running back Robert Smith, who ran for 1,521 yards at age 28 before moving on. The other is Jim Brown. No quarterback has made the Pro Bowl in a season during his 20s and then immediately retired since Johnny Lujack, and if that name doesn't ring a bell, it's because Lujack retired in 1952.
Hate Speech is Free Speech
"Ogaa-Gichi-Manidoo"

emptymag
Mergie Marauder

Re: Vikings 2019

Sun Aug 25, 2019 8:49 am

Awesome! Anything to fcuk with the NFL. Good for him. What was his guaranteed payout? I'm guessing hes already made a pile of cash and just wants to be done with it all before some major injury happens.
"You can't eat ethical." - Ron Spomer

"There's a feeling I get, When I look to the west, And my spirit is crying for leaving" - LED ZEP

Drunk_Dynasty
Mergie Marauder

Sun Aug 25, 2019 9:05 am

Not sure what his guarantees were but he did walk away from $64 million by retiring.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

h2ofwlr
The One And Only

Sun Aug 25, 2019 11:15 am

Fish Felon wrote:3rd and most important preseason game. Any takeaways other than the offense looking like shit besides for Dalvin Cook?
Sloter performed well. He's exciting to watch. Cousins is kethup, Mannion is salt, and Slotter is Tabasco sauce in how the crowd reacts.
If you look at what jelled 2 yrs ago - it was a bunch of underdogs with Keenum at the helm. They played their heart out. Not so with Cousins. Kind of reminds me of the movie The Replacements when the cocky SOB QB started the last game - the team was not behind him. VS like they were with the underdog QB.

I'd like to see Cousins retiring this week, put Sloter in as starting QB, trade 2 linemen (we are the deepest of any team in that position as we have the release at least 2 of them anyway) for their 3rd QB.

If we do not do a 11-5 season this Fall with Cousins as QB - then it was a BUST with him. Dump (trade) him.

If I was calling the shots 1.5 yrs ago, I'd have kept Keenum and Bridewater. just saying as I think Keenum deserved at least 1 full season as QB after his performance 20 mos ago and Bridgewater could step in if he had to.
God, help me be the man that my dog thinks that I am.

Fish Felon
Mergie Marauder

Sun Aug 25, 2019 4:12 pm

h2ofwlr wrote:
Fish Felon wrote:3rd and most important preseason game. Any takeaways other than the offense looking like shit besides for Dalvin Cook?
Sloter performed well. He's exciting to watch. Cousins is kethup, Mannion is salt, and Slotter is Tabasco sauce in how the crowd reacts.
If you look at what jelled 2 yrs ago - it was a bunch of underdogs with Keenum at the helm. They played their heart out. Not so with Cousins. Kind of reminds me of the movie The Replacements when the cocky SOB QB started the last game - the team was not behind him. VS like they were with the underdog QB.

I'd like to see Cousins retiring this week, put Sloter in as starting QB, trade 2 linemen (we are the deepest of any team in that position as we have the release at least 2 of them anyway) for their 3rd QB.

If we do not do a 11-5 season this Fall with Cousins as QB - then it was a BUST with him. Dump (trade) him.

If I was calling the shots 1.5 yrs ago, I'd have kept Keenum and Bridewater. just saying as I think Keenum deserved at least 1 full season as QB after his performance 20 mos ago and Bridgewater could step in if he had to.

×2

I honestly think the Vikings will have a better season if Cousins goes down in week one through three than if he stays healthy.

The guy is a dud and fukcing loser. The problem with the NFL is too much....an infiltration of over-analytics.

You know what Cousins is?

He's the guy that can sit on a bench rest and outshoot everyone...thread the needle....be the most accurate guy there is, by a wide margin....just a fukcing tack driving son of a bitch...

....then he gets into the field and can't hit the broad side of a barn, because guess what?

Whether it's NFL games or deer hunting---this shit isn't played in a controlled environment.

Yet GM's like Spielman go Ga-Gah over the precision of a "prospect's" throws through a tire....exit velocity, accuracy, etc., all that shit is off the charts for KS....then that douche gets into a game and looks like a scaredy cat ****.

Keenum is a much better QB for this team. You give a guy like that a couple stud receivers that can make plays for him as he scrambles? That motherfukcer is going to make plays for them too.

Cousins?

Not so much.

He's a HOF quarterback on paper---unfortunately the game isn't played on paper....it's played on turf.
"Ogaa-Gichi-Manidoo"

emptymag
Mergie Marauder

Sun Aug 25, 2019 7:25 pm

They win you...?
They lose you...?
WGAF
"You can't eat ethical." - Ron Spomer

"There's a feeling I get, When I look to the west, And my spirit is crying for leaving" - LED ZEP

Drunk_Dynasty
Mergie Marauder

Mon Aug 26, 2019 10:24 am

We ain’t dumping cousins basically no matter what and he will play his 3rd season here even if we 3-13. His contract is guaranteed. If he’s trash, no team will trade for him cause no team is gonna wanna inherit his contracts.

Fish Felon
Mergie Marauder

Mon Aug 26, 2019 12:25 pm

Bigger concern than Cuz-Nuggs?

Screenshot_20190825-123626_Chrome.jpg
"Ogaa-Gichi-Manidoo"

Drunk_Dynasty
Mergie Marauder

Vikings 2019

Mon Aug 26, 2019 8:33 pm

Priefer used to put kickers mentality on an island and nuke it into it glows. Maybe it was Zimmer this whole time.

maplelakeduckslayer
Mergie Marauder

Mon Aug 26, 2019 8:39 pm

Image-11_03.jpg

Return to “MNFOWL's Misguided Children”